Medieval Jetton and hammered fragment

steve_rowlands

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys , went out for a swing today and found a Jetton which I think is French but I'm struggling for a date.
The hammered fragment I'm really struggling to date [emoji21]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve 20200112_145127.jpg20200112_145119.jpg20200112_145027.jpg20200112_145019.jpg

Upvote 11
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Very nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

You did well with the hammered frag! Tiny stuff...
Sorry, no help with the jeton. Something looks weird on this one. :icon_scratch:

Nice hammered piece wow both of those look ancient and really cool I wish I had finds like that here Great finds Tommy

You did well with the hammered frag! Tiny stuff...
Sorry, no help with the jeton. Something looks weird on this one. :icon_scratch:
The one's online tend to have text around the edge of them this Jetton seems to have a pattern.

I agree, French & circa 16th C.

The frag is a Short Cross, I can see [H]ENRICV But any id further than that won't be possible. If this is another Short-Cross from the same area, make sure you grid it well, you might have something a little earlier there!

I agree, French & circa 16th C.

The frag is a Short Cross, I can see [H]ENRICV But any id further than that won't be possible. If this is another Short-Cross from the same area, make sure you grid it well, you might have something a little earlier there!
Thanks Crusader, yeah that's the plan for next Sunday. Thanks for replying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back