Meet other MN Hunters

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
T D, I started getting old maps from eBay about 7 yrs ago before I began my New Mexico ventures. I've paid fron $1 to $7 (includes postage) for them. I saw 1 map of New Mexico that was the 1st yr the state issued one (1924). I felt a little brave and finally bid my high of $31. I looked at the bidding during the last minutes of the bidding.....it went from $220 to $406 in one minute for the winner....NMRANCHER. Months passed and I saw another map identicle to the above.....yep, sold for $407 to, who else, NMRANCHER....the guy must be a rich rancher.

I've lucked out on 2 maps found in antique shops. One is the 1925 Minnesota map as used above (32" x 38" one side, black and red ink on white paper) and the other a 1926 official hwy dept Wisconsin map. The prices at the antique shops were unbelievably low.....$10+/-.

If you need any help on towns around your area, let me know.

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi i'm Raul I currently live in St. Cloud.... As i posted elsewhere since i hadn't found this post yet.... I am just getting started. no detector yet. but planning on buying a Ace 250. I also want to get an underwater detector since i'm working on different scuba certs through PADI.

I will be moving up to Alexandria in april to finish college there (the drive is getting to be too much) so i will start the detecting season up there probably with a buddy from school i'm getting interested in detecting. Have a family cabin a mile away from a big beach up in superior wisconsin next to Superior So i will definitely be looking there for stuff. Hope to be sharing some finds at the beginning of the season with you folks!

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Ragu, your choice of the Ace 250 is a very good one. When they 1st came out, they were $250 new. I just looked and they are now $325. See if you can buy a used one from eBay.....save money.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you can still buy a brand new ace 250 from Kellyco for 212.45
I've used them and never had a problem

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Thanks for the info Elf. Although I live in Minnesota, my last 2 detectors were purchased from a dealer in Kansas City, Mo......cheaper than Kellyco and 4 other big dealers. Besides that, there was no sales tax (saved $56), fast FREE shipping, and a useful gift related to detecting. (I saw the new price of $325 in a detecting magazine)

trapper

Mar 22, 2009
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500and Garret SeaHunter MarkII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trapper here currently living in Litchfield moving to Benson May 1 . Been MDing about three yrs looking forward to this year as Im buying an ace 250 to modify to hunt in the water. May your detector always find the good stuff!

sven925

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
Well Spring is here and I have been out with my NEW detector I got for Christmas (thank you family)
It's a Minelab Xterra 70 and I am stiil trying to figure out all thay it does. So far maybe ten dollars in change. A 1923 Fargo dog tag, a 1940 nickel, a small silver ring and a ton of junk ah well. It is so nice when it is just warming up and no bugs no humidity aahhhhh!

parkhurst

Apr 21, 2010
Anyone here with an interest in Yamashita/Marcos treasure sites in the Philippines? I was a missionary there and got connected to this incredible WW2 story. I'm now in Duluth and wanted to share this info with others interested in it. Thanks-

May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I'm a new hunter and live in Savage area of Minnesota. Just started hunting and so far, as of today, haven't had a huge amount of luck. Still trying to find some areas of interested to find something.

MLseverson

Greenie
Feb 9, 2008
mound, mn
Detector(s) used
garret treasure ace 100, just got an ace 250 :)
Hi, I'm Mikey from Mound, MN. Ive been hunting off and on for ten years but nothing near what you guys do. I run http://www.facebook.com/mikeysrings making rings out of coins, an idea I got from reading articles on this site about trench art. I've enjoyed this site since the day I found it, thank you site administrators and everyone who posts.

mikey

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I'm a new hunter and live in Savage area of Minnesota. Just started hunting and so far, as of today, haven't had a huge amount of luck. Still trying to find some areas of interested to find something.

Welcome. Isn't Savage off-limits?

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett - Ace 350, Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver
Waconia (carver county) is where I am now. Upgraded my detector since this post as well, now I have a Minelab Xterra 70. If anyone is in my area and looking for a hunting buddy let me know!

slyguy

Jun 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

Not sure who is all using this thread still, but i am in the St Cloud area, just getting
started with detecting. Any pointers/usefull info would be more than appreciated!

-AB

bluevoltage

Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone, I am trying to get into hunting and love history! I have started in my own back yard. My family has owned this property since the early 1900s I do not have a detector yet, but have been free digging. Found a few interesting things. Looking for someone to partner up with, or learn from. Having digging equipment. Looking for a good starter detector. Free to any advice! Love the hunt and covering old mystery items. I have a keen eye and love for history! In the excelsior area. Also anyone with a detector wanting to come help in my yard before I sell property, I will split 50/50 any finds! Have a great day and happy hunting!
Sarah

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted for a while, so here are a few Minnesota finds from 2012.
http://
BarberFront1902.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Pokemon5.jpg

SterlingBrooch.jpg

SpongeBobCloseup-1.jpg

1902 Barber Dime - Heron Lake city park, MN
Sterling silver brooch- Bird Island, MN
Sponge Bob Square pants watch -Willmar, MN(still running)
Pokemon 23ct gold plated metal card(1999 by Burger King) - Okabena, MN
1897 Indianhead cent/Red Goose Shoes token - old farmsite- Sacred Heart, MN
Two wheat cents with two tokens - Renville County Fairgrounds

Last edited:

woodtick

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just getting started. I searched the family farm near St. Cloud last weekend (from 1880s) and struggled with too many signals and digging up nothing. So, I went down in the woods where we deer hunt and I found 5 shotgun headstamps (oldest was a Peters Target from the 1910s), 2 slugs and an old wrench. It's very fun for me to find things that my ancestors used. I'm using a discovery 3300. I have no idea if it's a good machine or not. I live in Watertown just west of the cities. I'm hoping to rescue many of the things in the ground up there and I'm looking forward to finding my first thing of any value...even a penny! I open to any tips on how to use this thing properly and would love to hear from those of you who have hunted farmsteads in the midwest.

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found this (a few years too late it looks like) and wanted to introduce myself!
I live in rochester, MN, and do a little metal detecting, but my real passion is bottles. i have picked through a few dumps and found some cool stuff!
if there is amyone in the Rochester area who wants to take me on a bottle dig, message me! i want to learn!

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodtick, I checked my records and I found 15 coins of clad at a school in Watertown in 2006, while just passing thru the town.

davidfirn1

Oct 26, 2012
bluevoltage said:
Hello everyone, I am trying to get into hunting and love history! I have started in my own back yard. My family has owned this property since the early 1900s I do not have a detector yet, but have been free digging. Found a few interesting things. Looking for someone to partner up with, or learn from. Having digging equipment. Looking for a good starter detector. Free to any advice! Love the hunt and covering old mystery items. I have a keen eye and love for history! In the excelsior area. Also anyone with a detector wanting to come help in my yard before I sell property, I will split 50/50 any finds! Have a great day and happy hunting!
Sarah

Hello sarah where is your property, I live in Oshkosh Wisconsin

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all I'm new to this forum but I've been active on others, found this one and figured it would help with the winter blues. my name is Matt and I've been detecting for almost a year and a member of the gopher state treasure hunters and a member of the twin cities gpaa.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread