Meeting focus to save our hobbies...

krwills

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2005
A Serious Meeting on the Condition of Our Hobbies Today!

As many of you know, in a little over a week from today the Texas Treasure Show

(Largest Treasure Show in America) will be taking place at the Maude Cobb Convention Center in Longview, Texas—Dates: March 21st & 22nd, 2009. On March 22nd at 2:15 PM a talk is scheduled under the heading of “Future of Our Hobby” on the event’s Seminar List in seminar Room #1.

This will be a very serious talk on what has happen to our hobby today, the threats we are experiencing and the possible cures we all can participate in from an individual and club level to head-off or turn around such threats in our future. In short—it will be a serious discussion of “PLAIN TALK” and not a discussion that will lead nowhere afterwards.

This meeting is an OPEN meeting, but we ask clubs to only send one or two representatives due to space and all Dealers, Distributors and Manufacturers we know you are also very interested in this meeting and you are very welcome and we hope you will attend. This will not be a “finger pointing meeting” for blame as I have experienced too many times in the past, this discussion must have many positive results in our immediate future in behalf of all that enjoy our hobby and it’s various rewards.

It is about time for everyone to understand our hobby’s condition; how it is looked upon by city, state and federal governments; and for you as a hobbyist to get some straight answers and not a lot of hearsay. If you feel this way, then attend this meeting or have a representative do so for you.

It is also suggested that due to the seriousness of this meeting, that your club consider video taping this meeting; return to your clubs and use as a subject for all members to listen and view. Video and audio recorders are welcome.

It is our hope, that each of you will take this meeting with the seriousness it demands and you will be represented there.

Keith Wills, president and Jim Fariello, VP of WWATS (www.wwats.org) will preside over the meeting.

Sincerely,

Keith R. Wills, president--WWATS

RLOH

Dec 10, 2005
Keith, first off, thanks for taking the "bull by the horn" and talking about the real tough issues that are threatening our hobby. I constantly get on my soap box and preach when the opportunity presents itself. But, I am only one person and four or five years ago when I talked responsibility, people listened and agreed. Now it seem that people are getting greedy and they don't want to play by the rules that keep the public and anti-detectorists off our backs. I enjoy this hobby so much that my idea of a good day of detecting is not about finding the most, but being able to hunt a scenic spot with a chance of making a decent find. Unfortunately, some of these spots have banned detecting and it makes me sick. As more and more of these "meat hunters" enter the hobby, we are going to see more places banned. Your ideas are a start and EVERYBODY in this hobby has to join forces and do what you guys are doing. Thank R.L. Johnson

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith,

Thank you very much for all that you do in fighting for our hobby. I'm scared for this wonderful hobby of ours. I wish there was more personally that I could do.

Rick from Texas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread