CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The holiday season is always better....people cashing in change for the holidays !! Congrats !!

That is true! There is definitely a rhythm to my finds. I went from late December to May 26 without finding a single silver in a coinstar. That's 100s of times checking various machines locally and in neighboring towns. But, the end of the year has always been best since I've been checking!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true! There is definitely a rhythm to my finds. I went from late December to May 26 without finding a single silver in a coinstar. That's 100s of times checking various machines locally and in neighboring towns. But, the end of the year has always been best since I've been checking!

Yup I got a good score yesterday....all shiny new Canadiens except one old Canadian penny. Big ole handful of coins though....maybe 20 25 coins. I did the old snatch and run and thought for sure it was gonna be the mega score...oh well next time. You've inspired me ....I'm gonna up my game and check more often during the holiday season. My kid calls them treasure machines !

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BIG SCORE! Congrats! :occasion14:. Always check every coinstar I see.

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BIG SCORE! Congrats! :occasion14:. Always check every coinstar I see.

Thanks! Yep, I check 'em all! When I go detecting in the next city over, I sometimes will make the long trip around town just to check all 6 coinstars there at the end of the day! I've had a few days where I got nada swinging all day and was pleasantly surprised at the end of the day with found silver anyway! Thanks for commenting.

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you! I'm already hunkering down for a long, inevitable dry spell. It usually seems to happen right after a multi-silver coinstar find for me. But, I can't complain and I won't stop looking!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow man! that's a hell of a haul

Thanks! I've seriously had dreams and daydreams of finding something like this for several years now. I've seen enough HalfDolla' MakeYouHolla' videos and other amazing YouTube and TreasureNet finds... along with my own personal previous finds... to know that decent hauls were possible.
My BIG daydream is walking in there one day and finding a fistful of walkers and SLQs, maybe even a few Morgans (though, supposedly the machine will eat the big dollar coins... still, one can dream!)! But, I honestly never imagined over FIFTY silver dimes in one haul. I've found plenty of times where there was enough clad that I had to grab more than twice to get it all... but didn't really imagine that with silver dimes!
Anyway, thanks for commenting, sorry for rambling. Still kinda dazed by the whole deal!

Last edited:

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't happen to be wearing a ski mask at the time you "found" these, did ya? That sounds like a memorable day for sure!

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I see someone using the machine, they seem to be checking the reject all the time. I don't think I've cleaned up much more than a few coins from someone I actually witnessed using the machine. So, to know who would leave all this and some of the other crazy things, like an 1867 2 cent piece last year, would be very interesting. There is a deli area right near the lobby where the elderly folk drink coffee morning and afternoon. Maybe I'll have to start camping out there some time and watching closer to get an idea of what "type" of person might be most apt to leave the good stuff! Thanks for commenting.

The machines around here always tell you to check the reject hole! How can you walk away from that?!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machines around here always tell you to check the reject hole! How can you walk away from that?!

I've walked up to them and found around 5 dollars in clad once....no clue why someone didn't grab it. Im sure its some kids that were too busy on their phones not paying attention

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Haha on the ski mask! I did feel a bit like a bandit the way I slunk out of there on weak knees!
No, this one here tells you to check the reject, too! But, some people don't care. I've found silver in the dump tray before. Like, they ran it back through multiple times and finally left it after so many tries!
Thanks for the comments! Good luck and happy hunting, however you do it!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've walked up to them and found around 5 dollars in clad once....no clue why someone didn't grab it. Im sure its some kids that were too busy on their phones not paying attention

You made me think about it... I think this might have been my highest face value haul I've ever had... and the vast majority of it was silver, to boot!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done an experiment multiple times. See a zincoln in the reject tray and leave it. I have come back as many as two hours later to find that same zincoln sitting exactly in the same spot. It not only showed me that some days that machine doesn't get used for crap, but, also, not many people even think to look in there as they pass by!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations. I have no words.:icon_thumright:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typically if I'm finding treasure like that, the alarm clock goes off! Just Awesome- Congrats!

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations. I have no words.:icon_thumright:

Haha, thanks! I was the same at first... couldn't think of what to think or say or DO. Finally, my best course of action seemed to be to just skedaddle!! Thanks for commenting.

OP
OP
C

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typically if I'm finding treasure like that, the alarm clock goes off! Just Awesome- Congrats!

Ha! Just woke up from the first night's sleep since I found this haul and the first thing I did for sure was lay eyes on it to make sure it really happened! Thanks for commenting!!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have just reached the level of a coinstar Pro. I'm sure you've seen the thread about it but I think you could save yourself some time by befriending a kid who works there and getting access to the machine! I check the one at my local stop and shop and once in awhile I'll get something cool out of it. A couple weeks ago I snagged a 52 quarter and some foreign coins. Those foreign coins go to my 5 month old son's coin collection. Strangely the next day I went detecting and dug a 52 Washington. What are the odds of that? A zillion to one? Haha. Congrats on the amazing find though!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could be awarded with a BANNER for a Coinstar find, This would be it! :headbang::hello2::skullflag::notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread