Mega pulse 3 of deeptech

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one in use with what I think was an 11" coil, might have been 12" and it really worked to well, sounding off on tiny, tiny fragments of metal.

Hobbyist who posts on a couple of forums has used the larger coil (3 x 3 I would think) and found it to be deeper than the TF900 (two box) but not much deeper and there was a steep learning curve and much fiddling with timings. Same applies to most of this type of detector though.
I should do a web search and ask for further details. He's not a dealer so the information should be accurate.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish i could help you out but i know about the VLF stuff

OP
OP
B

bga78

Jul 31, 2008
Detector(s) used
goldgun, gemini 3, GMT, Raytech laser
i'm just wondering if this pi will sound off on non ferous metals as its operating
frquency is 130 hertz

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
If it ran at 300 hertz it could still be engineered to signal on a target, iron or not. It depends on how the signal is modulated.

Sections 4 and 6 should answer your questions about Fe vs other minerals/metals:

www.deeptech-bg.com/megapulseIII/MegapulseIII.pdf

LL

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They started out as hoard hunters for large metal objects at depth and will pick up any metal though the bugbare with pulse was the sensitivity to iron whilst the performance on other metals was not as good. The Megapulse III has had its sensitivity to non ferrous improved though if the large coils are used then the sensitivity to smaller items goes out the window which is a good thing if say specifically looking for cannons as you can detect an area and not be bothered by items smaller than your fist. On the other hand I was at a hoard site where over a hundred Roman bronzes were found in the remains of a pot but the hoard hunter had already been used and missed that target and it wasn't until a standard detector was used in the field which could pick up the few scattered coins that deep ploughing had brought to the surface that the bulk of the coins were located.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread