Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you too. Water has been ridiculously high. It's put a real damper on my arrowhead searches and my recent desire to fossil hunt. I used to search for sharks teeth a lot 20 or so years ago and gave it up when I found my first arrowhead. I must have thousands of teeth - but not too many really nice ones. I'm thinking of hitting the cliffs Monday or Tuesday. I'll definitely check the tides.

How did you do? We went monday and tuesday together and my wife went out again today. Nothing large to report but quantity today (about 200) was pretty good for her today. The low tides have been about the same water height as normal high tides with all the rain last few weeks and not enough NW wind to blow that water out of the Bay.

I started with arrowheads in the 1960's and only got started with fossil shark teeth in early 80's when we became caretakers of an old Bayfront estate. Conditions this week were some of the worst I have seen. So many trees have fallen from the cliff edge after all that rain. The water is high enough that going around them is difficult, so we climb over or crawl under them. And so much clay has sloughed off the cliff tops that walking was tough and the clay basically covered the best fossil grounds.

Just saw the mako - nice tooth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions