wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out Saturday but I had too much homework on Sunday to post so here ya go...

2 wheaties

image-4070273544.jpg

And a belfry silver plate spoon from the 20s? (Any info is much appreciate)

image-1596460467.jpg

image-1918481236.jpg

Slim Pickens but o well.....

Upvote 6

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I love digging old 1900s pennies anything from 1950 and under is good for me! Don't see a manufactures mark on there anywhere on the spoon!

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say congrats, you walked away with two old coins and a relic ;) By the way, I like how you chronicle your slabs, by date and qty#. I at least have the year mine were found, but the special ones and firsts I put the whole dates on those. Yeah, there probably are a lot of people that don't slab their wheats and other coins that aren't considered rare keepers...they probably just throw them in a jar or whatever...but I slab all mine no matter what. If I find a wheat penny in my change from the store I don't think of it the same as when I might dig the same date and quality penny from the dirt.

OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HutSiteDigger said:
Nice finds I love digging old 1900s pennies anything from 1950 and under is good for me! Don't see a manufactures mark on there anywhere on the spoon!

It's on the bottom but my camera is not good enough to get that tiny font

OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jarl said:
I'd say congrats, you walked away with two old coins and a relic ;) By the way, I like how you chronicle your slabs, by date and qty#. I at least have the year mine were found, but the special ones and firsts I put the whole dates on those. Yeah, there probably are a lot of people that don't slab their wheats and other coins that aren't considered rare keepers...they probably just throw them in a jar or whatever...but I slab all mine no matter what. If I find a wheat penny in my change from the store I don't think of it the same as when I might dig the same date and quality penny from the dirt.

Thanks

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about you, but I find 5 or 6 spoons for every fork I find, and I've never found a knife. Wonder why that is. But your spoon caught my eye because the last spoon I found was the same Belfry pattern. Keep at it!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs there :headbang: finding two wheats even is good hunt in my book 8-) and shows the site has some potential for silver:hello2:

OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CoinandRelicMan said:
Nice digs there :headbang: finding two wheats even is good hunt in my book 8-) and shows the site has some potential for silver:hello2:

Yeah thanks, I found a merc last week at the house so I'm trying to see if there's another

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good digging there. We just started doing this and have yet to find old coins look forward to findings like yours one day. HH

OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WildNativeofPlains said:
good digging there. We just started doing this and have yet to find old coins look forward to findings like yours one day. HH

Well than k you very much :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread