Mel Fisher dug for Beale Treasure in Bedford years ago

Damien12

Apr 2, 2008
Glren Allen , Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I remember when Mel Fisher came to Bedford, Va. years ago to dig for the treasure. He was contacted by someone from that area who claimed to have strong evidence that he knew where the treasure was.
They used backhoes to dig under a huge rock ledge between Bedford & Roanoke. All the local TV news
cameras were there and it was big news for weeks. Of course..they came up empty and Mel went back to Florida where he later died.

Dont know if it was a hoax or a treasure that someone dug up long ago...but it is interesting and people still dig for it all over Beford. One man came home from work one day to find a guy with a backhoe digging up his front yard. No treasure was found and the man went straight to jail.

tjbeale

Mar 7, 2008
Many townspeople witnessed the dig, while Fisher flew overhead in his helicopter. The project was televised during the 80's by "Unsolved Mysteries". They did recover a small rectanular metal box - it was empty. The Beale Treasure is nowhere near Bedford. "Bedford County" in the C2 solution text is actually a metaphor for the actual location, and easy to "pass off" due to the long history of buried treasure tales in the general area...... TJB

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
??? Fisher DID dig at Graham Mill @ Nov. 1989, according to THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY by Peter Viemeister; they found NOTHING; even was told that by someone, who WAS there. Pages 18 - 20... indicated an "empty vault", which just a space between the wall of the dam, and the wall of Graham Mill. I didn't get to Bedford County, Va. until @ 2005, and THEN, I started
research... check it out on ROCKHOUND'S NEW FORUMS - "Beale Ciphers" sub-board. :wink:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when Mel Fisher came to Bedford, Va. years ago to dig for the treasure. He was contacted by someone from that area who claimed to have strong evidence that he knew where the treasure was.
They used backhoes to dig under a huge rock ledge between Bedford & Roanoke. All the local TV news
cameras were there and it was big news for weeks. Of course..they came up empty and Mel went back to Florida where he later died.

Dont know if it was a hoax or a treasure that someone dug up long ago...but it is interesting and people still dig for it all over Beford. One man came home from work one day to find a guy with a backhoe digging up his front yard. No treasure was found and the man went straight to jail.

Don't dig without permission!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is the only way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread