Melting

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lots of stuff on the web for making foundries with easily found items: search google for "coffee can foundry"

it will be cheaper and easier (but far less fun) to locate someone who already has a foundry for this purpose. Check at your local community college or with a silversmith or custom jeweler.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Ronco is coming out with a small foundry, "you just set it, and forget it" :tongue3:

S

stefen

I think Ronco is coming out with a small foundry, "you just set it, and forget it" :tongue3:

Ronco has a funeral-type foundary asurred to melt silver and gold fillings...in with the ashes...
picknose.gif

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now for the important question. Why on earth would you want to melt down coins and jewelry of known composition into a bar that is no longer a known quality to a future buyer?

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
Now for the important question. Why on earth would you want to melt down coins and jewelry of known composition into a bar that is no longer a known quality to a future buyer?

Well I was asking about this b4 I totally realized what you just asked after talking with a coin dealer I don't want to do that but if I happens to find some scrap or such it might b fun to play with

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I mean is i asked about melting b4 I talked with a coin dealer and he schooled me lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread