Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
??? Charter membership!!!!!!!! has its benefits!!!!! low cost and i have found it is worth the small fee!!!!!

OP
OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
??? Charter membership!!!!!!!! has its benefits!!!!! low cost and i have found it is worth the small fee!!!!!

lol...I wouldn't pay to play on other forums...I own several my self
This is sad tho, because of what this forum "had" to to offer! (or used to)

Sorry, but I wont pay a cent! I contributed much, over the years...so, I suppose now that's all in their arches? (any information I provided in so far as identifying an item)

There have been MANY times I have ID'd an item, which turned out to be right....I contributed alot!

So, now I''m supposed to take this forum and be ok with the changes? With pay? (I'm sooooo sure) lol

Let me tell you something, in these days and times, anyone asking people for money on a forum...well, that's freaking highway robbery!!!!!

Sorry, but I can't condone anyone asking their "core" users to spend!

I am a "marketing" developer (artist, advertiser), and can't imagine anyone being that goofy!

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Wow, the first person to say how they really feel around here! How refreshing. It doesn't matter anyway, this whole post will be deleted (censored) anyway, if its not right in line with the moderator's view point.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alchemy said:
Chug and Red said:

Sorry, but I wont pay a cent! I contributed much, over the years...so, I suppose now that's all in their arches? (any information I provided in so far as identifying an item)

There have been MANY times I have ID'd an item, which turned out to be right....I contributed alot!

So, now I''m supposed to take this forum and be ok with the changes? With pay? (I'm sooooo sure) lol

Let me tell you something, in these days and times, anyone asking people for money on a forum...well, that's freaking highway robbery!!!!!

I am a "marketing" developer (artist, advertiser), and can't imagine anyone being that goofy!

I don't see you IDing very much at all, maybe I blinked. I do plenty of free IDing & I pay towards the site, nothing goofy about it in my books. You have the option to pay or not, no-one is pressuring you so stop complaining!

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I've spent more money on other things in life that I never enjoyed as much as this site. It is the only computer site that I'd pay money to be a part of or to view. The finds are worth the price alone. Then there is the what is it forum which as far as I'm concerned is totally priceless. It's not like your BP and paying out the price that have so far. Not that I agree with the drilling or the accident or any part of turning the Gulf and Mexico and US beaches black and oil stained. There are more areas and information to be gained in here than any twenty-five dollar antique guide or price book. Let alone all the work to keep this site up. Take all those Stinkin Lincolns you find through the year with your detector and your really not having to dig into your wallet or bank account. It's not like your buying a 600.00 toilet seat. But you certainly are welcome to your opinion. It's not that I really disagree with you but having detected since back in 1969 I really find this site fantastic. We get to see pictures from all over the world of all kinds of finds and share stories of the hunt and the one that got away. I would sure hate to see this site go down and I sure would miss all the fun I have browsing all the pages and information. Especially when it's dark outside or too hot to get out in the field and tot lots with a detector. I think this site is the only site really worth going to and viewing. There's alot of bang for the buck in here. Like you I hate to see the site go commercial but you have to admit if your enjoy detecting this is the place to be.
Perhaps things in here have changed but I though the small fee gave you more access to members and information not found in the "free" section. Are you trying to say the site now wants a fee before you have any access to it? If not take a look at what you get for the fee and see if it's for you or not.

JRich

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alchemy said:
Chug and Red said:

The good thing is you don't have to pay a cent and still enjoy over 96% of the site. Charter membership here is like American Express, with our "rewards privilege" program. That is something that "charter" members are not supposed to mention. It is a well kept secret, much like the Masons.

I think many people here have ID'd a find along the way. I have done a handful, not a great amount, but it does give you bragging rights if you're first to post it. Well, that is unless you're a member. Members get a "little" something extra :icon_thumleft: That is one of the few things you wouldn't be able to see.

I also see that you wear 3 hats: marketing, artist, and advertiser (unless that is you're just and advertising artist) If the is the case you only have 2 hats. I prefer to wear my 1 hat that proudly displays my logo MIMITW --- :headbang:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alchemy said:
Chug and Red said:

You don't have to "take" anything...no one is forcing you to pay anything. I have a feeling that your troubles are stemming from "user error" and not a conspiracy to empty your wallet. Maybe it's time to move on...back to your own forum perhaps?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I Don't understand.
CHARTER MEMBERSHIPS Are NOT Necessary to
Read or post about Treasure Hunting here

If you can post this in Todays Finds,
I Would think you could post Elswhere.

There are many topics here
Picture 008.jpg

including ABOUT THIS FORUM
Picture 010.jpg

if you click on any of these topics
you should see this at the top
Picture 007.jpg

If you want to Reply to a topic

Look at the bottom of each Thread
Picture 008.jpg

There are tons of Proper places to post
that are Free here.

Only topics you need to pay for are
The PUB

Picture 009.jpg
CHARTER MEMBERS ONLY
Picture 010.jpg
and maybe a few Personal pages
not sure on that
Picture 007.jpg

If you consider Politics or Religon "Everything Here"
Then I Guess your out of Luck.

If You wish to talk Treasurehunting of any kind.

You should be able to.

REPEAT

Just choose the correct topic Highlighted in BLUE from the long list
Picture 011.jpg

choose POST NEW TOPIC
Picture 012.jpg

or choose a thread like this one
and
Picture 013.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 168

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Techically you are not a member. You are a User. Myself I am a proud member.

The benefits are amazing. Another way of looking at it is 3 magazine suscriptions for $20 per year

Popular Mechanics - aka - the tool shed
Eastern & Western - aka todays Finds
Numastic News - aka - Coins & Coin Roll Hunting

I'm sure if I thought about there could be more.

Try a Charter Membership for a month, you'll never go another without

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a Charter Member, and supporter of TreasureNet since May 2004, and a member and long time LURKER before that. Yes, there are many treasure hunting web sites that don't charge anything and some that do. However, none are better than TreasureNet. If you have been happy with us without being a Charter Member, just think how much better it will be if you do sign up.

Tom

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
Techically you are not a member. You are a User. Myself I am a proud member.

Anyone who registers and has a username is a member. Those who lurk without registering are 'users'.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alchemy said:
Am I reading all this right?

There are areas we're not allowed to write in vs. areas we are?
Sorry to address this here, but there was no other "respond" link anywhere else.

As someone who has been with this forum for years, I can say I am quite confused by all this. Yes, I've been away for a long time...but geez 'o peats!
Charter memberships have been around on this site longer than you have been a member so what are you complaining about? Nothing has changed since you've been away. Except maybe that non-charter members now have access to the "search" feature which they didn't used to. Geez Louise!
icon_violin.gif :icon_pirat: :laughing7:

Attachments

• icon_violin.gif
    icon_violin.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 94

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread