veteran_cemetery_2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 297
  • scouts_3.JPG
    scouts_3.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 272

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Awesome picture,beautiful in every way possible. A job well done and I salute all who participated!!!
Van

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks DanL for sharing, Some Awesome pics and so many there to be Remembered.

Nova Treasure

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you to the scouts for doing this honor for our vets! :occasion17: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:
Also glad the weather was good for them so they did not have to be in the rain :icon_sunny:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
plehbah said:
That is a whole lot of dying!

I don't know about you, but I am ready for a delicious sandwich now.

Sometimes your Ignorance on topics should be Controlled for things with less importance.

Nova Treasure

I'll second that. Oh wait, I forgot...Those service people died so that you can say what you want.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plehbah's statement may have been made to reflect what Memorial Day means to many Americans and this was his attempt to make others look at the way they may think; especially those that have never served or had a close family member serve or lost a friend or family member to war. To many it's just a holiday because a bunch of folks we didn't even know, died, and many of us can take off school or work and have a big barbeque. The real meaning to his statement may never be known and I cannot speak for him, just speculate on, what may have been, a tongue-in-cheek statement made to cause others to think. We had a big barbeque this weekend but my flag flew and VFW poppies were handed out to everyone. The kids were told why we have the holiday and that the poppies reflected support and honor for our fallen and their families, no matter the reason for the war or conflict. My buddy, a ex Vietnam War tunnel rat, among other things, and 4-time Purple Heart recipient, attended the barbeque. He doesn't usually wear clothing etc. that reflects his past association with the military, Airborne etc. but, this time I was happy to see he was wearing a "Ranger" ballcap. Thanks to all that have served. There are no words to express the appreciation to those who have died.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
packerbacker said:
Plehbah's statement may have been made to reflect what Memorial Day means to many Americans and this was his attempt to make others look at the way they may think; especially those that have never served or had a close family member serve or lost a friend or family member to war. To many it's just a holiday because a bunch of folks we didn't even know, died, and many of us can take off school or work and have a big barbeque. The real meaning to his statement may never be known and I cannot speak for him, just speculate on, what may have been, a tongue-in-cheek statement made to cause others to think. We had a big barbeque this weekend but my flag flew and VFW poppies were handed out to everyone. The kids were told why we have the holiday and that the poppies refected support and honor for our fallen and their families, no matter the reason for the war or conflict. My buddy, a ex Vietnam War tunnel rat, among other things, and 4-time Purple Heart recipient, attended the barbeque. He doesn't usually wear clothing etc. that reflects his past association with the military, Airborne etc. but, this time I was happy to see he was wearing a "Ranger" ballcap. Thanks to all that have served. There are no words to express the appreciation to those who have died.
Amen Brother :icon_salut: Say thank's to your Buddy by the way.... and everyone else's Buddy :thumbsup:

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
I have 2 brothers buried in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary in St. Louis, Missouri. Their graves look exactly the same as those do. Needless to say it is very painful to look at those pictures. Let us not forget what our fallen Veterans have given up for this country. My brothers are not buried there because they were in a war, rather they are there because my father is a United States Air Force Veteran. If ever there was a "National Monument" , those pictures show it. Plehbah's statement I agree does show what the average American citizen would probably say after looking at that picture because they would not even know what they were looking at and they have no respect. Plehbah is simply pointing out that we Americans are lacking on certain subjects of the utmost importance in this country.

DanL....I would like to commend you for this post. It is people like you who remember! Thank you...You are a "True Patriot" :icon_salut:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Removed my comment in respect. I apoligize if i misunderstood and I Greatly Respect this post.

Nova Treasure

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Bravo to you Nova Treasure! Everyone knew you only misunderstood him. Plehbah is one of those guys that you really have to think about what he said in order to understand him.....he does have a way with words! :icon_jokercolor: No offense taken Nova! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread