Memorial week Hunt, Silver, Indians and Arrows and a Silver 3 Cent Piece!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Gary, my hunting partner and I got out this past week, we hunted till I thought we were gonna fall over from exhaustion. I think we had a pretty good week. For awhile I thought Gary was gonna snow me again, but my new Fisher F75 came through with flying colors.

Gary found 12 wheat's, one sort of gold ring, a watch fob,not sure what it is, 3 Mercury dimes, 1916, 1927 S and a 1943. He also found a 1898 Barber Quarter and a 1925 Standing Liberty Quarter, a part of a fork, part of a gold necklace, a American Tourister Luggage key and a 1888 Indian Head penny. Now that's an Awesome week.

I found 2 IH's 1888 and 1896 and a really not so sweet looking Silver Three cent piece. It is really worn and the date is 185?, no mint mark. But it sure was a nice find, worn or not. I also found some arrow heads, a stone game ball, a pit stone, used for cracking nuts and a Mule shoe.

Hope you all had a Great Memorial week, I know Gary and I did.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds.jpg
    Gary\'s finds.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Mule shoe and coins.jpg
    Mule shoe and coins.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,212
  • game ball and arrowheads.jpg
    game ball and arrowheads.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,221
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Love the coins and points as well.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggergrl said:
Awesome finds... and the arrowheads are pretty cool too!!

That looks like my cat looking at all my finds. Thanks for the reply, I can't wait to go arrowhead hunting
again. Waiting for a good rain, since the farmers have just finished in the fields.

HH,Ringfinder

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little buggers are small and thin aren't they? Congrats

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
Those little buggers are small and thin aren't they? Congrats

You got that right on small the thin, I wasn't sure what I found, until I saw silver and then I just
barely saw the 3 I's, it was covered with something. I had to use an electrolysis's to take some of it
off.

Thanks Everyone for their replies. Hope you are having a great spring.

HH,Ringfinder

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, buddy! Those are some Top-Notch coin and artifact finds. :thumbsup:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Hunt! :)

What is the deal with the ball shaped stone? Is it a period artifact? I have never heard of anything like it that wasn't modern. I need to figure out how to setup an electrolysis cleaning station one of these days.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeachBumm said:
Nice Hunt! :)

What is the deal with the ball shaped stone? Is it a period artifact? I have never heard of anything like it that wasn't modern. I need to figure out how to setup an electrolysis cleaning station one of these days.

The Round Stone is called a Game Ball, not sure how they were used, but they are around 1500 to 3000 years old. I have found two of them. Pretty neat find.

I am going to a car show right now, but when I get home next week I'll send you a description on how to set up a electrolysis. Heck I bet there is a place on this forum that will tell you how to do it.

HH, Ringfinder

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice weekend hunt! Really glad to see northern Ohio is producing. And great artifacts too. Can you tell us in general about the area you hunted. Maybe I can find a similar area around Dayton.

SKD

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Nice weekend hunt! Really glad to see northern Ohio is producing. And great artifacts too. Can you tell us in general about the area you hunted. Maybe I can find a similar area around Dayton.

SKD

Well the coins came from a ghost town and some old one room school house sites that we hunt. We have permission to
hunt all these sites and hunt them as much as possible when the crops are off. As for the arrowheads, game ball and pit stone, I found them in local fields that had been standing all winter. Now that the farmers have the crops in, I will go back and walk the fields again, until the crops get up. I also have permission to hunt the fields for artifacts.

Hope this helps you out down Dayton way. Best bet is to find local plate maps from the 1800's and look at them. Lots and Lots
of info in those old plate maps.

Good Luck and HH, Ringfinder

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow---Those are some great finds ringfinder---Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A three cent piece is still on my wish list.

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder,
Looks as if you and Gary make a great hunting team....
Very nice finds....
Keep up the good work... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scooter and Merf for looking at my post. If you guys are looking for one of those 3 centers, you are going
to have to look very carefully, I think it is the smallest coin the US ever made. I didn't know what I had until I could just see the three III's on the back. I thought it might be a 3 center, but couldn't tell until I got some of the crud off of the coin.

Good Luck To Everyone, Hope you all find the coin or target of your dreams. My dream coin is a Gold Coin, I've been
hunting over 23 years and I don't have one Yet, but hopefully it is in the works.

HH, Ringfinder

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STUNNING finds, Ring!! :o Fantastic variety! Love that three cent and the artifacts! (Three cent is still on my list of wanna find.)

GREAT post and love the pics! :wink:

Congrats!!! Nana :)

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Sweet three cent! The one I found is my oldest silver by over 50 years. Those things took a lot of abuse as a postage coin.
you know you have a good detector and you are using it right when you find one of those.
HH,
Donny

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder said:
Good Luck To Everyone, Hope you all find the coin or target of your dreams. My dream coin is a Gold Coin, I've been
hunting over 23 years and I don't have one Yet, but hopefully it is in the works.

HH, Ringfinder

Ringfinder, Good luck with the "Gold Coin" :thumbsup:
I sometime think it is nice to not have found some things on my "Want to Dig" list to keep me motivated and also to keep that feeling of excitement in each and every hole I dig :happy2:

Happy hunting...

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
urnotalone1970 said:
awesome finds.... how the heck are you findin the indian arrow heads? :icon_scratch: anywhos, HH :icon_sunny: tlc

LOL, that's a good one, I also as a relic hunter, hunt arrowheads. But be live it or not, I have found arrowheads while detecting in fields. I don't know of anyone who relic hunts that looks at the sky while hunting. I'm always picking up buttons and arrowheads, grinding stones, game balls, pit stones, stone scrapers and anything else that looks interesting.
djabend said:
Sweet three cent! The one I found is my oldest silver by over 50 years. Those things took a lot of abuse as a postage coin.
you know you have a good detector and you are using it right when you find one of those.
HH,
Donny

Donny I was using my new Fisher F-75. I am trying to learn this detector. I have many detectors, but when I get a new
one, I like to learn as much as I can about the detector. I really like the way the F-75 pinpoints. It is always right on the money. But I'm still learning.

Thanks again, for your reply.
Scooter said:
ringfinder said:

HH, Ringfinder

Ringfinder, Good luck with the "Gold Coin" :thumbsup:
I sometime think it is nice to not have found some things on my "Want to Dig" list to keep me motivated and also to keep that feeling of excitement in each and every hole I dig :happy2:

Happy hunting...

Thanks Scooter, One always needs a want list. I'm sure if I ever find a Gold Coin, I'll just want another. You would
think as much junk as a guy digs he would come up with one gold coin. LOL When we post on here, somehow
we forget to post the junk we find. I know I find a ton of it.

Thanks Again for your reply.

HH to all, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions