Menifee County skunk hunt today

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Two miles in, two miles out, on foot....nothing! Well, Mason Jar lids out the wazoo but do they count?! Had a friendly, nose to nose encounter with a large rat inside though! Not fun wiping my rear with dirt and sand covered leaves! Gotta take some TP next trip. LOL.....

The iron targets here were overwhelming. I initially dug many of them but all were nails or roof tin. After digging for an hour, my arm hurts so I ignore the iron hits. Cranking up the discrimination was not wrong here in my opinion. I hate to do that at a site like this but I wore myself out just getting to this place. If I can find a short cut or borrow an ATV, perhaps I would have the energy to spare. I have little doubt that respectable finds are waiting. At any rate I will return.

This cabin had zero interior plumbing. After taking a mental note of that, I searched the perimeter for the outhouse. I eyeballed three depressions and kicked the leaves back. The soil in one of them had a very dark color to it! Maybe, just maybe I have found my first outhouse!? Next trip, toliet paper AND a shovel!

Jamie

Attachments

• DSCF1233.JPG
    DSCF1233.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 234

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it the first time I tried. Im laughing so hard it hurts. Only you could think that up!!! What a pleasure it is to have you as a friend and a hunting partner.

Tom

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Okay, we gotta meet up guys. Your trip sounds like some of ours! Hilarious and exhausting! Thanks for posting. I needed the laugh!

Cavers5

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Hmmm.... are you aware that even on a bad day that an intact mason jar lid (complete with unbroken zinc lid and porcelin insert... dang.. can't remember how to spell that word...) is worth a buck at the flea market? Retail on em' is about $2.50 apiece. Pick up the good ones next time Jamie and carry em' out... I'll give you 50 cents apiece for them and you KNOW you can't go off and leave 50 cent pieces laying all over the ground! ;>)

By the way... are you aware that the cabin builders of old had a "good luck" superstition whereby they would place a silver coin (usually a quarter) on top of a supporting rock piller at the front corners of the house... Can't remember if was the left or right corner that was traditional. Some would even place coins on top of all the rock foundation pillers supporting the cabin.

I know of a few hunters that found their first seated coins this way.

Oh... and congratulations on all the good cardiovascular exercise you got on that 2 miles in and 2 miles out! Bet that rat was really p----d at you using up his "toilet paper"... you're lucky he didn't bite your butt! :>) LOL

DC

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Good grief!

Thanks for the info on mason jar lids, DC! I've already scrapped a fortune in those things! I'll be keeping them from now on out. They're like flies around here! Everywhere!

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Jamie, tough as it might have been!

Cavers5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions