Merc!! 2 Boxes Dimes, 1 Box Nicks w/pics

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First dime box was a skunk. Second box yeilded two keepers, both from the same roll, first double find in a dime roll. One was a '58d rosie, and the other a '35 Merc! Third merc in two weeks.

Nickel box was really fun, not a ton of oldies, but some goodies. First good find was a '43s War Nick. Then I found a nickel that the obverse just didn't quite look right, thought it might be an error of some sort, flip it over....another obverse...?que?...then I realized that it was a magicians trick coin, sweeet!! Don't think it's made of the same metal, makes a dull thud when dropped, seems a bit heavier also. Later in the box I found a '39 and a no-date buff side-by-side. Little while later, scored an "s" mintmark buff, no date though. My first box with multiple buffs, and my first "s" mint buff as well, I'll take it. Also found a '64 nickel that has been silver plated, not pictured, kinda neat. I hate dumping nickels, but they are so much fun to search that I have to get 2-3 boxes a week. HH!!

Attachments

• Goods Obverse.JPG
    Goods Obverse.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 519
  • Goods Reverse.JPG
    Goods Reverse.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 521
  • Two headed Nickel 1996.JPG
    Two headed Nickel 1996.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 523
  • Two headed Nickel 2000.JPG
    Two headed Nickel 2000.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the score! Merc's and Buff's are fun! I enjoy looking through nickel boxes as well. I do dimes and nickels quite often.

HH

Dave

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

The buff on the far right is almost certainly a 1913 type 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread