Merc comes out of hiding at the base! Cool fishing weight found.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Found some change at wood chip areas, then got a 1944D merc and a nice fish shaped sinker at the base
. Enjoy!

phpQ0Hh0pPM.jpg

Attachments

• phphjR6ewPM.jpg
    phphjR6ewPM.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 756
  • phpPRpmpgPM.jpg
    phpPRpmpgPM.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Super neat fishing weight! Definitely a happy item to display! I'm hoping today to find my first Merc or first wheatie, in a field where I found a surface 1940 nickel and my son dug 5 wheaties. Picked up the nickel while wandering the field with eyes peeled for finds while chatting on phone with my husband. Since husband was born in 1940 that made an ordinary coin find special. Meantime, my adult son was pulling up wheaties on his turn with our shared detector, so last laugh's on me. He's already found his first Merc. HH. Andi

shooter_250

Sep 18, 2010
I think ya did good...I suggest though the fish is a toy,,as in some of the 1st small kids rods and reels,,,think 3 - 5 y/o...the fish was used as a weight to get the line off the reel when the child would "cast"...next time you're at the store look at the "mickey mouse" rod and reel kid combos...course...I could be wrong.

just my 2cents

God Bless

Lee

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest: