Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wet, wet hunt on Thursday - with a few timeouts for rain, but the finds were the usual potpourri of Baltimore treasures, sans any indians...maybe next time. Medals are 150th G. Washington anniversary 1789 -1939 from NYC World's Fair and 1937 80th anniversary for Seagrams. Bullets include musketball and Union Metallic Cartridge .44 Webley casing. Merc is a '45S like the day it was dropped in the 40s. Bale seal has parts of the 8H or H8 on the reverse, as well. Don't know what to make of the matching brass pieces, but they were found not far from the bale seal. Not shown are wheaties '18, '20, and '23.

brass_and_bale-seal.jpgbulletsA.jpgmedals.jpgmerc_ring.jpg

Upvote 10
Congrats on pulling those nice digs. I think the brass pieces may have been a decorative cane tip.

Congratz on a nice hunt!

Congrats on the finds. Whadifind and I both found the same Seagrams medal. Here are pics of mine and better examples from the net so you can see what the whole one looked like
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447431717.313220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447431751.027644.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447431776.453133.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447431811.650110.jpg

Thank you to Loco-Digger, Captain Caveman, Old Dude, and JackalopeZL1 for checking out the finds. L-D: I'll go back and try to find the other pieces to that "cane tip". Old Dude: thanks for the full version of Seagrams 80th!

Nice finds, nice pix!

Thanks, treblehunter. Hope to get back to the park on Sunday and look for some injuns!

Great stuff! What a variety, I'm a sucker for musketballs LOL I really like finding them, and really nice Merc! Congratulations and happy hunting.

DANG WHAT A RING , COOL.

Thanks, Sutphin. When cleaning, the stone (glass?) fell out, so I glued it back in. I think this was an inexpensive child's ring, judging from the size and I'm uncertain of the metal, could be copper. Interesting, old-appearing design.

Thanks Diggin Dude. The musket ball came from a layer of oyster shells. In the area I was detecting, there is a dense layer of whole oyster shell halves down about 9 - 10 inches. You think you're hitting rocks with the shovel but it's just the shell layer. Hoping to get some other good finds from this area.

Congrats on some nice digs :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back