Merry Christmas? Definitely not this year!‏

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason Richards

We are preparing for the celebration of Thanksgiving and Christmas,
but the truth is that this country needs a wake up call
instead of a party!

A cold shower instead of mulled wine.

A punch in the gut instead of a big fat steak.

And that’s because the economy is in a worst state than just a few
years ago. And it gets considerably worse every single day.

Although the current administration promised jobs and economic recovery,
that never happened. Americans and America are getting more and more
desperate, and while politicians are counting lobby money,
regular Americans don’t have enough food to feed
their children and enough pennies to heat their decaying homes.

Here are just five clear reasons why the US economy is going down faster
than the speed of light (not that these are all of them,
but I don’t want to send so many bad vibes your way in one shot).

1. Only 58.3% of working age Americans currently have a job. That’s
the lowest number of the last ten years, even if the president
promised an “imminent” job recovery- YEARS AGO!

2. More than 620,000 jobs were lost in October. Out of these, more
than half were held by women, God knows how many of them
single mothers trying to put their kids through school.

But the government says the economy is getting better, blatantly lying
in the face of clear evidence!

3. As of October 2013, the average time “out of work” is three times
higher than it was back in 2000. Also, just in October, more than
920,000 went out of the labor force.

4. Even if you have a job, you’re probably unable to sustain yourself
and your family. Actually, one in four part time workers
is living below the poverty line.

5. January 2000= 75 million working age Americans without a job.
2013= 102 million working age Americans without a job. No comment.

This in the country where the president (who promised he “will not rest”
until every American looking for a job will find one) recently played
his 150th golf round in office.

FSC21112013.png

Many Americans must beg for their daily meal... Great way to prepare
for Christmas, right?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Deep, there is a name for the info listed in your post - it's called lying with statistics.

The author of that piece cherry picked some numbers and totally got some others wrong. he then put them together to support a dire picture.

According to bureau of Labor statistics non farm payrolls grew by 204,000 last month. How can that be in light of the author's claim that 620,000 people lost their jobs in October?

Here's how: Mr. Richards was referring to the Civilian labor Force Number. This is a statistic listed in every unemployment report. And, In October the Civilian labor force was down by 720,000 (Richards posted the number incorrectly). The problem is, Richards uses the number to convey that 620,000 ( his number not the actual 720,000) are people who lost their jobs.

And, here's the problem: The Civilian labor Force is not people who lost their jobs. The Civilian Labor Force is people looking for jobs. In October 720,000 fewer people were looking for jobs. You could take that as a positive though i doubt the true pessimist will.

I could take the rest of this thing apart, but it's the weekend and we all have better things to do. let's leave it that Richard's report is another agenda driven hatchet job. This time by a guy who didn't even bother to understand the terminology of the the information he was writing about. The lesson being we have to take apart everything we read.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

There you go again with your "facts!" Reality does have a librul bias.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Floridian:

There you go again with your "facts!" Reality does have a librul bias.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Fact
unemployment was 7.8 when bo took office.

unemployment for Oct 2013 is 7.3

bo job creation plan...

y5eba9e3.jpg

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Fact: When Mr. Obama took office the United States was losing over 800,000 jobs a month. For the past three years we have added over 125,000 per month. That's a swing of over 900,000 jobs a month.

People could be positive. The so-called conservatives have spent five years peeing in the soup and then complaining about the taste.

Wages are a real issue. But that's another story.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact: When Mr. Obama took office the United States was losing over 800,000 jobs a month. For the past three years we have added over 125,000 per month. That's a swing of over 900,000 jobs a month.

People could be positive. The so-called conservatives have spent five years peeing in the soup and then complaining about the taste.

Wages are a real issue. But that's another story.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Fact .....left still ignoring unemployment rate. Those numbers don't even take into the account the people who gave up looking for jobs and started drawing SS at age 62 just to eat.

Imagine what figures would be if they included them in unemployment figures, figures also don't include those no longer drawing unemployment, add those numbers to equation too.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

If your point is that things could be much better, I would certainly agree with you. The Federal Reserve could focus on higher employment and not so much on keeping interest rates near zero.

The recovery has been slow. The Federal government is about the size it was when Mr. Obama took office. Previous recessions have seen dramatic increases in the number of Federal, state and local government employees. The GNoP wanted to cut the size of government - then whined when people working there lost their jobs.

To argue that things are not better today than they were in January 2009 simply requires ignoring the facts.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To argue that things are not better today than they were in January 2009 simply requires ignoring the facts. - :laughing7:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
TheRingFinder:

I found the facts in your post really backed up the point you were trying to make!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRingFinder:

I found the facts in your post really backed up the point you were trying to make!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
And I found no supporting facts in your "post". Just a tad bit of name calling without actually saying it.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya Dave44 - BO & OB have their own "facts" and they can prove it in their own minds! :laughing7:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Why is it my four kids all have independent lifestyle sustaining jobs and many here complain they don't? The typical post is like the one about touting the belief system that we all need two jobs to make a living. That's just not true. Those who are underemployed have only themselves to blame.

As much as i'd like to believe my kids are especially talented, they are average more or less. What they are, all of them, are doers! They are workers!

For those not making it, you need to do something. And that is, change! You need to chance because what you are doing now obviously isn't working. And whining and complaining about it isn't going to make change happen.

And blaming the president certainly isn't going to make it happen.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Treasure Hunter:

If your point is that things could be much better, I would certainly agree with you. The Federal Reserve could focus on higher employment and not so much on keeping interest rates near zero.

The recovery has been slow. The Federal government is about the size it was when Mr. Obama took office. Previous recessions have seen dramatic increases in the number of Federal, state and local government employees. The GNoP wanted to cut the size of government - then whined when people working there lost their jobs.

To argue that things are not better today than they were in January 2009 simply requires ignoring the facts.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

The Fed is focused on creating jobs. That why the extraordinary stimulus. Low interest rates drive expansion. Expansion creates jobs.

The Xright focuses on the numbers today versus when Obama came to office and then derides the President, demonstrating an ignorance of just how bad our economy was in 2009. Or, purposely ignoring the of the facts to push an anti Obama agenda. Many are ignorant of the facts that led up to the 2008 meltdown. Many blame Obama for the meltdown. Though, of course, he wasn't president then. Kinda funny! They blame Clinton and Obama for everything that went wrong for Bush!

Maybe this will help those who are open minded enough to try to understand - What happened to our economy in 2008 was we collapsed into deep recession. The difference between that recession and a normal cycle recession we experience at least once a decade? The same difference between a run of the mill rain storm and a Force 5 tornado. A normal cycle recession slows us down. 2008 was a knockout punch that put us and the rest of the world on it's ass! 3 months after that punch Mr Obama came to office.

As Zachary in Cloud Atlas would say - That's the true true!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Oh they are better? After 5 years unemployment has dropped 1/2 of 1 percent, millions of people have lost their private medical coverage, millions more are going to lose them, IRS, Congress and unions are exempted from lucifercare, hundreds of thousands of workers have had their hours cut due to lucifercare, lies are coming out of this adminstration faster than we are printing money. Our very rights are under attack.

Oh, lets don't forget gas at $3.20 gallon now, in Jan 2009 it was about $1.85

Yep, things are better....

That is like saying a wild fire is 90% contained

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Oh they are better? After 5 years unemployment has dropped 1/2 of 1 percent, millions of people have lost their private medical coverage, millions more are going to lose them, IRS, Congress and unions are exempted from lucifercare, hundreds of thousands of workers have had their hours cut due to lucifercare, lies are coming out of this adminstration faster than we are printing money. Our very rights are under attack.

Yep, things are better....

That is like saying a wild fire c is 90% contained

Those who are not better off only have themselves to blame.

Why are you ignoring what happened to our economy in 2008? You've said yourself you own neighborhood was severely affected. looking at your neighborhood, how many times in your lifetime have you seen the same thing happen? Speaking for myself, never! And you and i are about the same age. Yet you blame a president who wasn't in office for the meltdown. I know, the Right expected the guy to just snap his fingers and make it all better. Economies don't work that way.

Tell us what he should have done but didn't.

Those losing their medical insurance are losing it because it does not meet the minimum quality of care standards to qualify under the new law. IOW, they are getting ripped off. But you'd rather they continue to get ripped off than get quality coverage?

Show us please where hundreds of thousands are getting their hours cut because of ACA. I don't see that in Florida or NJ.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Oh and BTW, seeing people getting ripped off by insurance companies is, sadly, something i get to see in my financial services practice. People walking thru the door paying almost 25% year in fees. people with huge premiums and huge deductibles! Yet, ask them and they are happy campers. These policies are so complicated that those getting hosed aren't aware they are getting ripped until we tell them.

Same goes with some investors. i recently had a case on a 1/2 milllion dollar IRA rollover where the prospective client said she wanted to go with the competition because they were less expensive. The difference? They weren't charging her any fees or commissions up front. I was charging her 1.5% up front and nothing after. I took her thru the competitions's contract and showed her where they were charging her 3.57% Per year! That is 3.57% every year. OK, this was a smart woman and you'd think after that, on products that were in every other way virtually the same that it would be slam dunk in our favor. Nope! She went with the competition! What's Chad's favorite saying - you can't fix stupid?

I tell you that to tell you this. being on the front lines of this business, ground zero, when i hear about these people complaining about losing there health insurance i can't help but think of this lady i just lost to the competition. When it comes to financial matters like insurance or investing -Do not under estimate the gullibility of the general public!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who are not better off only have themselves to blame.

Why are you ignoring what happened to our economy in 2008? You've said yourself you own neighborhood was severely affected. looking at your neighborhood, how many times in your lifetime have you seen the same thing happen? Speaking for myself, never! And you and i are about the same age. Yet you blame a president who wasn't in office for the meltdown. I know, the Right expected the guy to just snap his fingers and make it all better. Economies don't work that way.

Tell us what he should have done but didn't.

Those losing their medical insurance are losing it because it does not meet the minimum quality of care standards to qualify under the new law. IOW, they are getting ripped off. But you'd rather they continue to get ripped off than get quality coverage?

Show us please where hundreds of thousands are getting their hours cut because of ACA. I don't see that in Florida or NJ.

True, men were being ripped off because they did not have insurance to cover them if they got pregnant and women couldn't get their prostrate exams. Yep they were being ripped off alright.

Here are two links on hours cut.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2732447

http://news.investors.com/politics-...of-cuts-to-work-hours-jobs.htm?fromcampaign=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread