Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ellis!:hello2: I'm really enjoying my new computer set up. It was time to retire the old one running WXP.

The new desktop setup uses a dual-core laptop running WIN 7 set on a wrapped slightly tilted up in the back (1 1/2 inches) formica laminated board. A pad on it large enough for computer. I leave the printer USB cable plugged in, same with the cable on the 29" smart flat screen. The antenna of the wireless mouse stays in too.

The setup is great for using GE or looking at images by turning on the flat screen. With the Microsoft wireless mouse, saving GE maps or photos from the dowsing board is easy.....just right-click over it and select :save picture as" so no more copy/paste.

Then I downloaded Google Firefox, it took me a while to get the right site. My Norton intercepted 3-4 fake sites that could have dangerous file downloads. Explorer browser works better for me on the TreasureNet editor, have problems sometimes with the buttons showing up using Google Firefox. Then on another treasure forum, the text doesn't work when you edit posts on Explorer, have to use the other browser. But on TreasureNet threads, clicking photos with Explorer doesn't seem to always load quickly or not at all, when you want to enlarge them (I use Firefox browser to veiw or save pictures).

The battery charging cord was a problem at first, but with it plugged into a surge protector, just leave it plugged and connected to the laptop, when green light goes on flip off surge protector switch........computer will stay fully charged.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas, Red, and to all, even us non-dowsers who use LRL's.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas, Red, and to all, even us non-dowsers who use LRL's.
Have a Merry Christmas Mike, and a very happy holiday season!

I want to make one correction on the Firefox download....it is the Mozilla Firefox=Google start page, this is the first link my Norton said was safe and let me download it. Here is the link.

Mozilla Firefox Start Page

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread