Merry Christmas To Me! Garret AT Pro >>>

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what I got for Christmas! I am seriously stoked! I have a couple of river fords I am looking at here in lower Michigan. Couldn't really do much in the way of serious because all I had was 202 BH. $818.32 out the door. $649 for the package, $110 for the pinpointer, and $13 for the coin book.

Irony

Jan 4, 2014
Southeastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett EuroAce, Dalyn digger, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so gonna love that Pro - the bf has one and loves it. We're going to sell the EuroAces we have now and buy me a Pro kit too. For Xmas I got him a NEL Hunter coil so he's completely stoked for spring :-) He's found all kinds of cool stuff, does mostly parks but also wants to get more into beach/shallow water hunting. So if that's the kind of thing you have planned for that baby, you should be happy!

ETA: That pinpointer is worth its weight in gold, works great. And the Garrett pouch has a sekkrit inner compartment - put the good stuff there and all the crap stuff in the outer pouch so you can show curious people all the junk you've been picking up :-)

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.Thats my dream md.But don't have the bucks for it yet.Enjoy.HH.

OP
OP
MichiganMan

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the congrats guys... the problem is... I have to wait for the spring thaw to do anything. Is that even possible? I mean, I see that Nova Scotia dude got out and found some really cool stuff in sub-zero weather. I was flabbergasted when I read his post in the today's finds thread. Don't think I am quite that "gung-ho" .... yet....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Christmas you had! Congrats!

Getting out in this kind of cold is an individual thing, I can't tempt fate like that, bad stuff would happen to me health wise.
I was curious how his detector preformed in the extreme cold, my display is a tad slow when it's in the 20's I seriously think I would have to wrap mine with one of those hand warmer chem. packs for it to work ok in these temps.

I do believe a thaw is about to occur, hope you can get out and give the AT Pro a chance to find you something really great. GL HH!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas as well! Got mine very late in the season from Bart and it is sitting in the corner waiting for the thaw! I am new to the hobby, retired last week after 25 years, and itching to get started!
Rich

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
While the weather has got you at a stand still my suggestion would be to glue some different types of metal to the end of paint sticks and do some air testing in all the modes to learn the sounds of the AT Pro!
I have had great success with that lately!
Later on you can take your paint stick test kit down to the beach and stick them in the sand and see what type of feedback you're getting!
This worked for me and shortened the learning curve greatly!
Good luck and HH with your new machine!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread