• 200.gif
    200.gif
    895.7 KB · Views: 91

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Covid was the Grinch that stole Christmas at our place.

Sorry but with all due respect, Covid wasn't what ruined everyone's Christmas.

The bungled response to it did, as well as the refusal to render assistance to anyone other than the ultra-wealthy.

I know I'm pretty unpopular lately for telling the truth, but I refuse to tolerate revisionist history.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but with all due respect, Covid wasn't what ruined everyone's Christmas.

The bungled response to it did, as well as the refusal to render assistance to anyone other than the ultra-wealthy.

I know I'm pretty unpopular lately for telling the truth, but I refuse to tolerate revisionist history.

Howdy deducer,

I never stated that covid ruined everyone's Chirstmas, I clearly stated "our place". You see, my wife is an essential worker that had to go cover for other covid stricken employees. We live in the middle of nowhere, and had not done the Christmas shopping yet. After they worked her for ten days straight on a 12 hour shift, we were going to have time for the shopping, but she tested positive. It's the first time the tree was empty, and that we could not enjoy our Grand kids. She is still battling it, her fever seems gone now, but she has a terrible cough. I sleep with her to give her the medications on time. Last night she got that terrible cough attack that lasted for one and a half hours straight, it's coupled with nausea. As for myself, I got light fever, chills, headaches, but was done in two days. We won't get to celebrate the New Year this time either. Many others have had it worse, needlessly losing loved ones, but I was talking about our place.

Homar

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy deducer,

I never stated that covid ruined everyone's Chirstmas, I clearly stated "our place". You see, my wife is an essential worker that had to go cover for other covid stricken employees. We live in the middle of nowhere, and had not done the Christmas shopping yet. After they worked her for ten days straight on a 12 hour shift, we were going to have time for the shopping, but she tested positive. It's the first time the tree was empty, and that we could not enjoy our Grand kids. She is still battling it, her fever seems gone now, but she has a terrible cough. I sleep with her to give her the medications on time. Last night she got that terrible cough attack that lasted for one and a half hours straight, it's coupled with nausea. As for myself, I got light fever, chills, headaches, but was done in two days. We won't get to celebrate the New Year this time either. Many others have had it worse, needlessly losing loved ones, but I was talking about our place.

Homar
homar..sorry to hear that...i hope you get healed up and next year is better:occasion14:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy deducer,

Homar

Homar, I'm very sorry about what happened to you and your wife.

I've heard and read so many horror stories like yours, and nearly lost a good friend to covid.

I am very very incensed at the disastrous American response to this pandemic, it is a complete and abject FAILURE.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

I've heard and read so many horror stories like yours, and nearly lost a good friend to covid.

I am very very incensed at the disastrous American response to this pandemic, it is a complete and abject FAILURE.
hate to tell you but this is worldwide...none of the other countries have fared any better than us

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

We all should be well past the point of ever expecting our government to properly respond to any emergency, especially after FEMA’s record on Katrina.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread