tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Monday as I was returning to my car, walking down the water line in the distance I see a couple "poachers". As I approach the one fellow waved and I waved back and went into the surf to greet him. We spoke briefly as his hunting partner approached and we exchanged greetings and spoke briefly about a dilema I was experiencing with my recently acquired used Excal II. Received some sound advice. I wished them luck and continued home.

This morning I met them once again. Low and behold it was the team of Les West and Ken. Very nice fellows. I just hope their wives don't find out that they are traveling with some very attractive and elegant ladies.

P.S. I use the term "poachers" light heartedly. There is entirely too much beach, water and targets to be "territorial" as one fellow I met when I first arrived here and when I tried to make conversation with him all he did was complain about how there are too many people walking around with metal detectors.

I'm sure if you know Les or Ken they will tell you of their adventure and if you follow in their foot steps and come across me someday, know that you are more than welcome and that I will always appreciate any advice or tips you would be willing to provide a novice of this great hobby.

Hope you guys had an uneventful, safe journey home and I look forward to seeing your future finds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Know them both and they are #1 in my book. Truly nice people.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words! This is a truly enjoyable hobby with many nice members. Yes, there are always some sour apples but very few.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, they're some classy fellas and deadly in the water. :thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread