Met an old Barber at the Polk Community House.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Hello folks,havent posted in awhile,got the winter no digging blues and got caught up in another project

reef.jpg

but since the weather broke I have had a chance to get out and swing for an hour or two here and there. Been hunting several times with a guy I met here 'KentG'turns out he lives less than a block from me so we are able to sneak out pretty easy at short notice.Ive hunted the city building in a town near me that used to be a community house in the late 1800's and after that was among other things a theatre. My grandma told me she used to drop my dad and aunt off there to see the movies back in the 50's. Ive only hunted over there maybe 2 hours total in 2 trips and have dug a couple of wheats one merc a really nice military button and my new favorite coin dig a 1903 Barber half. hunted this early 1900's school with Kent for about an hour and a half couple of nights ago and dug my first silver war nickel 1945 along with another merc a wheat and a whatsit or 2. Needless to say Im as desperately hooked as ever and really feel that Ive come a long way with this Minelab thanks for looking....Shoot
barber.jpg
barber3.jpg

Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there, Shootist.

HH

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Love those large Barbers!!! Congrats on some great finds!!

ELVISFAN

Apr 26, 2007
WEBB CITY MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE BARBER HALF I FOUND A 1907-D MYSELF 4/14/06 WHAT MINT MARK IF ANY DOES YOUR 1903 HAVE? DAVID

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Railroad key! Does it have initials on it to identify which Railroad it came from? That could be your most valuable find for the day--those go for 30 bucks or so. All the RR items were made to fit a universal key, so that one key would open everything. Therefore, many more locks than keys.

Cheers!

-Buckleboy

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I can see why you are hooked. ;D

Love those Barber coins. Your other finds are great too.

The Explorer does have it's learning curve but it's a great machine.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeet looking Barber.
Nice finds shootist.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Lovely Barber! Nothing like bringing a large chunk of silver out of the ground, is there? Okay, unless it's gold.

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Nice finds... Sure wish there were more barbers here... The hair is getting quite lengthy... ::)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you're back in the swing of thing's shoot....Definetley haven't lost your touch....Congrat's on the silver and all the rest....Nice haul!!!!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Shootist is his name, diggin' is his game" ... very nice Shootist!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread