Met the competition today...

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Went to make a dump at one of the branches of my dump bank and saw a man carrying 4 boxes of halves out to his truck.

I just sat there and watched him for a few minutes as he methodically made 7 more trips inside and each time brought four more boxes out to his truck.

After he drove off I walked in to drop off my single bag of halves and the teller took one look at me and started laughing.

Long story short this guy purchased 40 boxes of halves. He must have already made a few trips out to the truck when I first saw him.

The tellers say he has done this every week for the past 12 years at least.

A quick tally tells me this guy has probably gone through almost 12.5 million dollars in halves in 12 years. I dont even want to imagine how much silver he has found in that time.

Apparently this guy picks up and drops off at the same branch and has no problems.

He is old, retired and has too much money in that bank for them to want to argue with him apparently.

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
For me, it takes an hour to do a box because I re-roll them using the orginal wrapper and have them sealed back to the way they were. It's a lot of work but makes dumping really easy. So for 40 boxes, that's a full time job. Guess, it's ok if you're retired.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, and I thought I was heavy into the roll hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions