Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today I went for a little 2 hour hunt at a local school. I only covered maybe 1/8 of the total grounds before it started raining, and I realized the ground I did cover was heavily landscaped in the past...but I did manage to dig up a few coins. The oldest being a 1961 Nickel (glad I decided to dig the pulltab signals!!!) I also found a set of fingernail clippers, a small very fragile piece of costume jewelry, some HUGE iron junk that gave killer high tones, and.....a pipe for smoking marijuana. I guess the previous owner got high and forgot where he dropped it...or it belonged to one of the school kids and they ditched the evidence before they got caught with it! I also found nearly 12 million pounds of pulltabs and can slaw...I am seriously thinking of going into the aluminum recycling business. Overall it was a pretty good little hunt. I plan on hitting the back of the school and the playground tomorrow (weather permitting). I seriously think I am addicted to metal detecting....wanna get high? aug14.jpg aug14a.jpg

Upvote 3

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting is still getting me high 30+ years later! :headbang:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where else could you find a hobby that gives you a different present each time and never stops giving? There is no other hobby in the world that can do that. Addicted!!! You bet I'm addicted.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pipe like that just walking through the park a few years ago. Fresh drop lol. Must of been a cop patrolling the park for the person to give up their pipe lol. Haven't dug one detecting yet but wouldn't surprise me. Good luck on the back of school.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today I went for a little 2 hour hunt at a local school. I only covered maybe 1/8 of the total grounds before it started raining, and I realized the ground I did cover was heavily landscaped in the past...but I did manage to dig up a few coins. The oldest being a 1961 Nickel (glad I decided to dig the pulltab signals!!!) I also found a set of fingernail clippers, a small very fragile piece of costume jewelry, some HUGE iron junk that gave killer high tones, and.....a pipe for smoking marijuana. I guess the previous owner got high and forgot where he dropped it...or it belonged to one of the school kids and they ditched the evidence before they got caught with it! I also found nearly 12 million pounds of pulltabs and can slaw...I am seriously thinking of going into the aluminum recycling business. Overall it was a pretty good little hunt. I plan on hitting the back of the school and the playground tomorrow (weather permitting). I seriously think I am addicted to metal detecting....wanna get high?

I swear I once owned a pipe identical to that. The only difference is, the clear rubber sleeve covering the stem was still intact and it was red.

That was many years ago in another lifetime; around the late 70's. That sure brought back some memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread