Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1891 dime reverse.JPG 1891 dime front.JPG relic1.JPG relic2.jpg relic3.jpg relic4.jpg relic5.jpg

It occurred to me I have not posted any metal detecting finds. Just didn't find anything of note, really. Always yakking about other things. Enjoy all of your finds, and keep hoping. So here we go, proof of swinging and digging. 1891 dime, couple wheats, 1929 and 1942, a couple colonial buckles, the prongs on the one still pivot! The large round brass object is I believe a horse bridle medallion. A couple pieces of furniture hardware. Two raggedy tomback buttons, two musket balls, both of which struck something. What I believe to be a cast net sinker, and the trophy plaque. This I researched, and the fellow with that name showed up with an unsavory history that I will avoid repeating, just in case there was someone else with that name. Also showing my junk, an old iron, and colonial blacksmith hammer, solid metal handle.

I DID find one very interesting object I have been researching for months, and have attached a name to, 90%. I have decided not to show it yet. It has excited me as a history buff, and belonged, I believe to a crucial Revolutionary War figure, who was prominent in the successful 1780 Siege of Charleston, and later was instrumental in the latter war against Napoleon, and was directly involved in Napoleon's surrender and exile. I'm halfway through the book describing this relic, and the person it belonged to. A lot of labor, and have never written a book before. Fiction, but the main character's real name and life will be used in the second half of the book. Should wrap it up mid 2018. If nothing else, my grandkids can read it.

Hope you find something here worth looking at, and any corrections to my ID's would be welcome. Thanks for looking.

Upvote 24

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KG, first of all, that Seated is a BEAUT! Took a good, close look and that unit was circulated VERY little! The sharpness and detail are awesome, I'm not a coin grader, but close to AU in my book. Can't wait to see your "mystery" find, and that book definitely sounds more than interesting. Congrats on everything, Ddf.

DDF, Thanks for your positive input on my ONE silver I managed to find this year. Might as well be a good one, eh? In regards to my writing project, it developed out of the story of the "mystery" object. In and of itself, relatively unremarkable. The more I dug and am still digging, the more it demanded. It's daunting, to be honest, and I have a little fear of not treating the subject thoroughly and properly. Trying to incorporate science, cosmology, geology, pre-history, history, economics, war, honor, duty, and loyalty, into an enjoyable read, and call it fiction. Arrg! About halfway there, though. Thanks for the encouragement. Much needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread