Metal Detecting and snow plowing?

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I haven't been on tnet for long so this may have already been discussed but here goes just in case. Have any of you (this is more for the northern states) tried metal detecting places where snow is plowed to in the winter? There's one field for example by my house where all the snow is taken from the streets of town and dumped by the truckload all winter long. Of course come spring it all melts leaving behind A LOT of junk, most common is small pieces of car parts, keys, and clad. If you just want to fill the pockets with money and you don't mind it being newer I would try it- It gets old quick and I don't do it much anymore but will again once I find out some of the places where they used to put it (64 and before). I know of one gas station that plowed all of it's snow into a tiny lot on the edge of the parking lot from about 1950-1985. I had a friend who tried to detect it but said it was silly- couldn't move the coil without a signal- mostly money. He didn't find any silver but never got past what was on top... I'm going to try and find the owner to get permission - I'll let you guys know what comes of it. I hope to hit this week if the weather and my wife are willing ;D Anybody else done this with any luck?

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
over here the college(NIU) is less then a mile from here most all the lots snow gets dumped in a feild about 1/4 to
1 /3 of a mile from here done it a few time nothing good ever really turns up most all pennys few keys,key chains maybe ill give it a pop today maybe not :-\ also was the site of the old fairgrounds

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done this and had some success with the use of a small coil to get around all the targets. Seems since the snow melts, most of the coins are at the same level. Also check out those big parking lots near the edges where they push the snow. Check out any fences and weeds near the edges too for paper money that get caught here.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions