Metal Detecting Camera???: My take on the Kodak Playsport Zx5

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure where this goes... so I posted here.. The mods can move it if need be...
I recently got the Kodak Playsport Zx5 and really like it. I have noticed that my other camera was starting to have issues and I wanted to replace it. I didn't have a lot of money to invest so I started looking for the cheapest durable video camera that had a macro feature, and the Playsport Zx5 was the winner.. It's also waterproof up to a couple of feet...
Don't make the mistake of getting the Playsport Zx3 because it does not have macro and is pretty much useless for filming detecting vids... That is if you want close ups of yours finds... Here is a vid I did today... Not much of a vid but it does show the high points of the camera... Hope this helps GH...

[youtube=425,350]_B_VMm9LTQg[/youtube]

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice review. I'm looking for a macro camera and I'll put that one my list. Thanks!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joeyfresh said:
nice review. I'm looking for a macro camera and I'll put that one my list. Thanks!
thanks man.. I have filmed a few hunts with it now and I really like the clarity. Just when its low light and you try to zoom to focus you will immediately lose resolution.. it will get really grainy.. so either carry a bright light or wait to you get him to take the pic.... good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread