Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the crap going on nationwide, robberies, gas being syphoned right out of your vehicle, detectors being stolen out of your vehicle, I think its a good idea not to advertise on your car/truck with the detecting decals.. its kinda like leaving yourself open to have your vehicle broken into, even if you don't keep it in your car or truck... I just thought I would pass this thought around.. as at this point, ya just never know..

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree 100%. Its like putting a sign in the window that says "Free for the taking".

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I agree as well.besides I figure while hunting or going on a simple hike will bring unwanted attention by park personal.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't leave your machine unattended in plain view. They will look in your vehicle and see nothing. Keep it clean inside and out, they will figure that there is nothing to take if there is nothing showing, nothing to tempt them.

That also goes for cell phones, laptops, wallets, purses etc. If only that didn't work for wives. ;D ;D ;D

Hal

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so what about gun stickers ::)

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
TreasureTales said:
Good advice, Bootybay. The only decal I have on my truck is an American flag. And there are even some folks who are trying to steal America these days. :'(

Well Said!! I bet you would be great in the politics forum. ;D

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a couple on my car a few weeks ago, I'm not too worried. Judging by all the vehicles w/detecting sticker/decals I saw last weekend at the GSBS, neither were too many of those folks. Having said that, I do understand your concerns.

jcrockster

Feb 21, 2007
Kernersville, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
This is great advice. Another concern I have is the occasional encounter with someone who just does not like MD'ers. When they see that decal the possibilities are endless. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the post.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just watching the news, hearing all the stuff thats being stolen, broken into...who needs the hassle of having your car broken into... just better to be safe then sorry, even if you dont keep your detector in your car. folks are going crazy and it seems its just gonna get worse.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Mine says NRA Life and the other says I don't dial 911 :thumbsup:

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Boy... what are you a mind reader??? I was just about to place a tesoro sticker on my truck the hunt mobile.Thanks for the great advice. :sunny:

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob66 said:
Boy... what are you a mind reader??? I was just about to place a tesoro sticker on my truck the hunt mobile.Thanks for the great advice. :sunny:

I'll never tell rob... :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the magnetic things on my jeep one about gas price and a couple about praying for our soliders came out of the football game and they were gone! Saw a van a day or two later that was plasterted with the things, but how to prove which were mine no way I could have taken them but my luck I'd get caught.

TT ;D meek and mild ???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine says NRA Life and the other says I don't dial 911

I've got my NRA Life Member license plate and NRA stickers. If someone sees those and thinks I have guns in the car they are more worried about if I have them on me.

Still I like the thought that what they don't know can't hurt me. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone Making Metal Detector Decals Yet ?

I got room for more

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW ! never thought about my minelab sticker on my truck :-[ great advice Bootybay , I did go out detecting yesterday then stopped at walmart with my detector in the truck :-\ I have read stories about detectors getting stolen out of peoples cars and trucks and while i was in there thats all i thought about was my minelab se sitting out in my locked truck, I just have the short cab so anything in my truck is in plain view and man i was worried :o so i hurried up an got out of there , never thought about my minelab sticker on the back glass ! looks like i better peel that thing off :angry7: nothing worse then a thief and they sure are getting brave these days :angry4: thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i never thought of that but it makes sense. when i was in a band, we learned never to have the bands name on the truck that hauled the gear for exactly the same reason. a lot of guys have gotten up in the morning only to see that their truck had been emptied while they slept. i guess this is the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread