Metal Detecting Figurine?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just get the Gi Joe and make a little detector for him to carry,it wouldnt be to difficult at all.Find some old ken doll clothes for joe to wear.

Last edited:

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the cheap little plastic Army men from the 1970s had a Metal Detecting Soldier. I was a Bazooka guy myself but check on ebay for "vintage" plastic army soldiers.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find some old ken doll clothes for joe to wear.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!! Joe would get his ass beat if the other Joes saw him wearing Ken's clothes.

OP
OP
T

therelichunter

Jul 8, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey NJ South
Thanks for posting. that's funny those plastic soldiers look just like the ones I use to play with
Mom had to buy me a new pack every week.. I shot mine with a bb gun.. grin..
In South Carolina its just good fun at 10 years old..
Thanks
Danny

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting. that's funny those plastic soldiers look just like the ones I use to play with
Mom had to buy me a new pack every week.. I shot mine with a bb gun.. grin..
In South Carolina its just good fun at 10 years old..
Thanks
Danny

Me and my brother use to have battles with the little army men.We would each set up an army and take turns shooting elastics at each others guys.For artillery we would throw firecrackers at them:laughing9:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Red James
Thanks man, That will be my last resort, I was hoping for something more professional looking.

No problem buddy.It would all depend on how much work you put into it.You get what you give.I just get more satisfaction out of the do it yourself stuff.

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find some old ken doll clothes for joe to wear.
"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!! Joe would get his ass beat if the other Joes saw him wearing Ken's clothes."

It is 2014 I guess he COULD wear Barbie's close??? I mean she is pretty fashionable AND functional.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mines little girls use to have quite a few barbies.They only had one ken doll,they got him for free but he didnt come with any clothes and they didnt have any for him.They use to dress ken up in barbie clothes.I told my friend maybe we should market their ken doll and call him "Transvestite ken":laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
He wants something that does not look like a dumb toy.. And i do not blame him...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
He wants something that does not look like a dumb toy.. And i do not blame him...

Yup keppy but his options are few and far between.One thing you could do is get the ken doll,make a mold out of him and then cast it in lead.You can melt lead one a stove burner if need be.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!! Joe would get his ass beat if the other Joes saw him wearing Ken's clothes."

It is 2014 I guess he COULD wear Barbie's close??? I mean she is pretty fashionable AND functional.

Well, now you got me thinking that there's a possibility that nobody would come up and bug him while he is detecting wearing Barbie's stuff. Maybe he could buddy up with Johnny West wearing Jane West's clothes?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread