Metal Detecting goals

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hey all

I have a list I keep in my treasure box of things I have yet to find/achieve. I mark them off as I go. Does anyone else want to share with me what a goal or two of theirs might be?

Here is a list of mine:

1. Find a Cross
2. Find 100 coins in one day
3. Find an Indian Head Penny
4. Find a Buffalo Head Nickel
5. Find a half-dollar (silver or not)
6. Find a dollar coin
7. Find a gold ring (I have found 4 silver ones)
8. Find a Civil War Relic
9. OF course I love finding zipper pulls so I want to find a lot of them
10. Pass Baldingboy just one time on Clad count.! :D

So there is my list will you please share a few of your goals with me?

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
Hey all

I have a list I keep in my treasure box of things I have yet to find/achieve. I mark them off as I go. Does anyone else want to share with me what a goal or two of theirs might be?

Here is a list of mine:

1. Find a Cross
2. Find 100 coins in one day
3. Find an Indian Head Penny
4. Find a Buffalo Head Nickel
5. Find a half-dollar (silver or not)
6. Find a dollar coin
7. Find a gold ring (I have found 4 silver ones)
8. Find a Civil War Relic
9. OF course I love finding zipper pulls so I want to find a lot of them
10. Pass Baldingboy just one time on Clad count.! :D

So there is my list will you please share a few of your goals with me?

I have a similar list that i've been working on:

Indian- found
Buffalo nickel
Mercury dime- found
jewelry with gemstone- found
Early Canadian small cent
Class ring- found
Barber dime
Cross- found
New president dollar
civil war minie ( i have war of 1812 and indian wars)
skeleton key
...and many more

HH
-GC

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thank for replying. It amazes me that people take time to read a post like this and simply don't put a few seconds into responding. I hadn't thought about adding the class ring to my list but I would love to find one!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
my goals for this year are-were

capped silver.......got one
$1 silver coin.......'' ''
half-dime ...........'' ''
100 silver coins....'' ''
real diamond anything...... got small ones..
gold coin.... looks like i'll have it as a goal again next year...

no idea why i put a half-dime on my list,, my tectin bud was there when i got it, and i'll tell ya we were shocked.. :o :o :o :o

i set small goals each time out,, more like guesses at what a site could give up from past visits,, me and my bud do it every return trip.. it's a lot of fun when you nail someting you said you wanted.. and it does happen a lot if ya keep it realistic.. ;D ;D ;D

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Those are great goals M E :)
Although I don't really set goals I am elated anytime I find silver coins
and hope to find some good Civil War relics. I do have a better machine than anyone else on Tnet though , mine can find pulltabs in places they could not possibly exist :) Now before you get all excited and start offering me thousands of bucks for my magic machine , keep in mind , my detector automatically notches out zipper pulls :o

Doozis

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals are like Montana Jim's. I have found all my goals except maybe a twenty dollar gold piece. We'll also forget the thoughts of finding a woman that doesn't like to buy shoes.

I just enjoy what ever I am lucky enough to locate and enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
My goals are like Montana Jim's. I have found all my goals except maybe a twenty dollar gold piece. We'll also forget the thoughts of finding a woman that doesn't like to buy shoes.

I just enjoy what ever I am lucky enough to locate and enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

People like you give me hope! I keep going because of great guys like you on the forum. Thanks. What is your best find in your opinion? Not your most valuabel, though it could be the same, but the one that means the most to you?

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Eagle Breastplate
Bust coin of any type
Large Cent
Confederate Button of any type
Half Dime
Silver 3 cent piece
Half Cent in much better condition than the one I already found

Past wish list already found
US Belt Plate
Seated Quarter (1876)
Old lock (got 3 skeleton key ones now)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Eagle - I think those are good goals. I try to set realistic goals. Your's look very realistic and shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. Last year one of my goals was to find a V nickel. I didn't find it until late in December. ;D

My goal this year was to find 30 silver coins and a Large Cent. The 30 silver coins came a lot easier and quicker than I thought. I knew the Large Cent was going to be tough. Especially since I don't frequently target those areas a lot - Basically have to do some traveling to get to spots that can produce such. No Large Cent yet.....

I also do have a goal of finding a solid gold ring. This goal I have on the "back burner" cause I hate digging pull tabs. Realistically it will not be achieved until I start digging those nasty tabs!! ::) :D ;D

Bob

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a very lucky person .I got to hunt in Europe on good old uncle SAM and had many a dream come true. Never anything super valuable ,just stuff with a little history. I grew up on a CW battle site as a kid used to make surface finds every now and then and only detected a couple of times and did not know how to use the machine. So far I have been able to make several of my detecting goals . I wanted a cannon ball and came back with three of them , found a few roman coins and some other stuff that I had always dreamed of. I have been very lucky.I have many goals still.
1 of course a gold coin any kind or shape
2 Spanish silver
3 war of 1812 or revolution button
4 silver dollar
5 half silver dollar
6 pocket watch (whole one ) found many pieces
7 CW belt buckle
8 pretty much anything else that comes out of the ground. ;)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
My favorite.. the one that made me sit back and think a long time... was the brass Buffalo Soldier's wedding band.

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
I would like to find a Gold coin, however the rest of my goals are quite simple. Find enough coins and jewelry to continue funding this hobby,,, and so far thats been possible.

an honest politician

LMAO.....all the honest ones are already in the ground, which is where we search in this hobby, so the possibility is there.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I'm addin a wig like your avatar is wearing to my list. I think I would look dashing wearing it while detecting. ;D

Do you think headphones would muss it up? :D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread