Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Metal detecting scam - you won't believe it

First I don't think any one here was making fun of them just because they were Mexican and I am sure they either came to this country with money or worked hard for it.
That being said stupid is stupid and it doesn't matter what race you are there is no excuse for people being that dumb.

not to get a riot going here but a thought I would share with you.
I live in a country club neighborhood the cheapest house in this planned community is 150k all the way to million $$$ homes. Now for some of you that live up north and housing is really exp. and you thing 150k is cheap, the average home in these parts are 65k and that is a 3bdrm 1500sq ft. Any how the point is that over half the people who live in this community are not American...they are Mexican citizens and not illegals. My property taxes are 5k a year(no joke) These people are the rich of the rich from Mexico. Their kids are going to school free, they get free lunches at school and other kickbacks. Tell me how you get free lunches at school when you live in a 300k home and the cheapest car you drive is a hummer, your teenager drives a BMW? They live here doing the week so the kids can go to school and then go back to Mexico City or Monterrey during weekends. If I had a house in Mexico and did that the costs of everything would be double since we are not Mexican citizens.

There are a lot of hard working Americans here paying for this including all the ones that are of Mexican heritage. I would be extra p%$$ed if I was Mexican American and was paying for these people that have the money and are living the high life. Then you have the illegals(be it Mexicans, cubans, Russians, or any other country) come in and get the free life, while the rest of us works and pays for it. Its not right or fair, and I don't give a dang if they are black white brown purple or spotted.

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My great grandfather came to this country from Italy in 1905 and worked as a bricklayer. He was paid a penny for each brick that he put down. He worked hard and supported his family in a country that was pretty hostile to Italian immigrants at the time. He built a home and sent his children to school so that they could make a better life for themselves in a place that had far more opportunity than the old country. How are today's immigrants any different? Put yourself in the shoes of someone who lives in a place where there is not enough to eat and ask if you wouldn't do the same for your children. For people all over the world, America is still the land of opportunity..diversity is one of the things that made this country great. I don't want to turn this into a political rant, but I'm calling NO FAIR when it comes to picking on people from Mexico or anyplace else. They are good people, just like the rest of us and deserve the same respect.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

$CUERVOJ said:
You guys have to be kidding me? The moderators actually allow this kinda BS on this forum? There are a few of you Id never think would say something like this from all the great welcomes I recieved when I first joined this group.I am of Mexican heritage, Texan and most of all American. Not all Mexicans get free medical and dental as you say. As matter of fact most are proud and hard working. I am sure this family earned every bit of that money as any American should. I'd bet it wasnt by selling drugs or stealing from the poor either. They trusted these people and God to do the right thing.I would have thought Id hear more about how to stop someone from doing this again to anyone white, black, red white or blue. At least something positive. Anyway, I am not mad at you it just reminds me why I love what I do. You have the right to free expression. So do I. Sleep well

Well, you are right on here! The first thing I thought of when I started reading the responses was how some people are still very predjudiced and right away started yaking about illegals. This doesn't seem to me to have a single thing to do with illegals at all. It is simply about fellow americans taking advantage of other fellow americans. Just look at the recent court case about the guy suing the laundry owners for $50,000,000 for losing a pair of his pants. OH!!! Did I fail to mention that it was a black guy suing a Chinese couple! NO!!! It is simply a fellow american suing fellow americans, as ridiculous as it is.

As for gullibility issues go, these two guys obviously knew who they could target, based on old traditions and superstitions. The old couple were not just stupid or gullible. It isn't always that simple. Older people are always being scammed in a wide variety of ways.

Maybe I can help take some of the fire away from others out there. My ancestors are French! OK!!! Fire at will !

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't get the race issue... In another 4 or 5 generations we will all look alike anyhow.

Being ripped off and taken advantage of has no bearing on genetics. Anybody will steal from you or anyone else if you let them.

H

HillbillyTH

gypsyheart said:
EDDEKALB said:
the mexicans ALL got big dollars stashed away
Well If I got free medical and dental care , didnt pay taxes or contribute to SS ......I would probally have money too. ::)
I saw on CNN the other day that some of our elderly are going to Mexico so they can afford to be in a narcing home, while our government
spends millions on illegal Mexicans. Now whats wrong with that pitcher.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT

Mexicans or any other race don't deserve CRAP for respect if they are not here Legally.

If one did it the proper way, (like many a grand pappy from a generation or two ago) then I welcome you with open arms. If you are breaking the laws coming to this country, have no intent of following them now, or paying a penny into the system that supports you, then I have absolutely no respect for you, your cause, or anything to do with you and say, go back, good riddance and get out of my country, preferrably with two of your illegal swimming buddies under your arms..

When you want to follow the laws like millions of other immigrants have done, THEN you can come here and be welcome.

Now that we got that out of the way. If a person is that stupid, naive or gullible to fall for a scam like that, .. bible thumper or not, well, they are stupid, I mean really stupid, and deserve it. You hear of scams like this every single day, and yet people still fall for the same ole stuff.

Two things are universal...... Hydrogen and stupidity.
and since im giving my opinion, people that are that stupid, should be identified early in life, slapped and sterilized so they don't pass on the 'tard genes they obviously have brought dominant.

Aaron

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

This scam has one common denominator with all other successfully executed scams: Greed on the part of the "victim".
Sad, but true....

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

Why...I ...I outta ....slap...Who can be that stupid!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I worked and supervised the police investigation of frauds such as this for 9 years on the PD. So, I am not at all surprised that some people are that gullable. This is a very elaborate form of the old con game known as the Pigeon Drop. The victims of these crimes are most often elderly or ignorant (not stupid which is different). Stupid people very seldom have accumulated enough wealth to be victims. These crooks are the lowest of the low life scum to me as they often bilk elderly and infirm people of their life savings. A lot of the time greed is involved but just as often it is the scum bag preying on the old folk's kindness and willingness to help others. Unfortunately these crooks are very often migratory and move from one City to another with no permanent address. The often carry on these scams for generations, teaching it to their kids thus perpetuating it for years. Once it was thought that these migratory predators were Gypsies and some of them were, but not any more. There's a whole community of several families over in Arkansas that more or less that's all they do is travel and scam people with various schemes. When there is a disaster such as a tornado or hurricane cane or flood, the flock to it in droves hoping to score a quick "kill", and many of them do. Monty

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada

Oh Poop!!! You mean i should send another email to Dr Mugumbi in Nigeria and tell him I'm not interested in the U.S.$125,000,000.00 he has offered to kindly deposit in my account to hold for him.. :-\ and i had my heart set on this new boat!

Attachments

• NewBoat.jpg
    NewBoat.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 179

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you READ CAREFULLY nobody on this thread was "picking on Mexicans" again we are fed up with paying taxes that support people who do not pay into it and furthermore take much of the money earned in this country to another which in turn pulls on our economy while proping up another. Again, we are talking of ANY/ALL ILLEGALS regardless of where they are from that did not come her the right and LEGAL way like all the other LEGAL IMMIGRANTS did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread