Metal Detector Article Writer Job Opportunity!

Jul 19, 2010
Hello all. My name is Jay and I just joined the forum. I am an avid metal detector hobbyist and have recently decided to become a metal detector dealer (part time). I have started a website and I am trying to start to write reviews/articles/tips in the area of metal detecting. I am starting to get really busy with my full time job and still want to keep my site up to date and going. Basically I am trying to tap all the great knowledge on this forum and instead of you writing your great posts on the forum for free, I am willing to compensate you in some way (money, metal detector discounts, etc).

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing short reviews, articles, or tips regarding metal detecting. The articles can be short: 500 to 750 words (roughly four to five paragraphs). I am willing to pay $2 to $3 an article depending on the topic/length. I know this doesn't sound like a lot but if you write me 20 articles you will be looking at $40-$60.

Please contact me via email: [email protected] or reply to this thread. Also, I know some of you might say go out and copy and paste some articles from the internet, however that is plagiarism and I am trying to maintain my site with unique content, therefore all submitted articles will be checked for uniqueness before payment is made. If you are worried about how you will be paid we can use paypal or I have accounts at www.odesk.com and www.elance.com. These last two sites protect both the employer and employee and is free to use for the employee (that would be you). Any other questions please feel free to email me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we shall settle for 10 cents a word. That's reasonable, and some of the folks here are worth far more than that. I shall be generous and we shall not count anything less than TWO letters as a word.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
RGINN said:
I think we shall settle for 10 cents a word. That's reasonable, and some of the folks here are worth far more than that. I shall be generous and we shall not count anything less than TWO letters as a word.
So ... that's $3, right?<G>

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a lot more to writing such as you describe other than just jotting down notes. To write a good descriptive article you really have to research your topic and know what you are talking about. I am retired and have the skills to do this, but I am trying to write some short stories and put them into a book and don't have time to fool with it. Many of our members probably don't have writing skills or want to devote the time it would take to write an acceptable article for you. Monty

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jaytronic_tech said:
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing short reviews, articles, or tips regarding metal detecting. The articles can be short: 500 to 750 words (roughly four to five paragraphs). I am willing to pay $2 to $3 an article depending on the topic/length. I know this doesn't sound like a lot but if you write me 20 articles you will be looking at $40-$60.

Not wanting to rain on your efforts, but the same 20 short articles with photographs will easily bring between $1000 - $2000 with other publishers, maybe more. As Monty pointed out, after all that work, (and writing is work), this is what you're up against.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I would be more than happy to do it, heck, I have been out of work since last January and I have all the time in the world and I am an very good writer. Sadly however, I have nowhere near the metal detector experience to even be deemed worthy to write about the hobby. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions