Metal Detector for land purchase help needed

georgia3

Jul 19, 2011
Hi, I found your site online and was wondering if you could give a bit of advice. My daughter just started college and is a history major and is interested in archaeology. I would love to buy her a metal detector for her upcoming birthday and have no idea where to start.

She would be using it on land and maybe the beach (not in the water). Is there a good dependable brand you can recommend? She is a fast learner and I would like to get her one she could use for years.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sherry Bailey
North GA

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
For someone just starting out, I would recommend a lower priced Tesoro metal detector. Easy to use, very good quality, and a lifetime warranty. Check them out.

http://tesoro.com/

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Archies and metal detectors don't go together, she will get kicked out of school by the others. Unless of course they use them. But if they don't it's not going to be pretty.

I recommend Tesoro

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
Archies and metal detectors don't go together, she will get kicked out of school by the others. Unless of course they use them. But if they don't it's not going to be pretty.

I recommend Tesoro

This. archies, the ones I have dealt with are actually quite ignorant if metal detecting is involved.

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With gold at 50$ a gram soon everyone and their mother is gonna be out there looking for gold ! I bet many of her classmates switch from arch to geology once gold nears 5k an ounce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread