metal detector for sniping

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I've recently been reading about the falcon md20. and how it's supposed to be a great tool for finding small placer deposits and all. but after reading tons of reviews and what it says it does vrs what it actually does. people saying it beeps at everything no.matter what they do with it and the thing that stops it from picking out blacksand just doesn't work like it supposed to and people tryin to get there device fixed cause it's under warranty but the guy tells them it'll be like 150 to 200 dollars to fix it and he won't send it back either. just all kinds of problems with the device. just doesn't seem like it'd be worth it to me. good idea and all but doesn't work when there's other minnerals around. so I've been looking at the mackro water proof pointer with a 360 finding field. it's got all kinds of good reviews. and it's not overly expensive. just looking for something that will help looking for little deposits in the river. just an idea. but allot of people say the best way is just to use a pan and map it out.

If anyone has a y suggestions or advice I'm all ears

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While its not a metal detector perse however you might want to look at the Gold Spear if your looking for placers. Its a probe that you push into likely spots and sounds off when it contacts gold. If your checking dry deposits a Uni Probe might be a good idea to. I don't believe you'll find a gold detector that has good discrim for black sand deposits. I've used the Gold Bug to find black sand concentrations as well but in sniping your digging into the cracks so a probe, pinpointer and a lot of scraping are the best bets :) Luck to ya.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet thanks. that's what the mackro is its water proof to

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet thanks. that's what the mackro is its water proof pointer.thanks. I was hoping people would give me an idea on some brands and what have you. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions