Metal Detector Help Purchace Please?

Marvin Lee

Jun 6, 2011
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro U-Max / New MineLab Etrac / Garret Pro pointer
Hello Treasure net and folks. Can anyone suggest a good metal detector that will find gold along with jewelry and coins ETC. I am new to this hobby, and just registered. Im 40 now, love the outdoors, history, and seem to have a really good eye for finding stuff here in Idaho, but when I was 8 years old my parents bought me a Sears cheaply metal detector that would barely find a nail. Any suggestions would be great. Kind Regards, Marvin, in Idaho.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marvin Lee said:
Hello Treasure net and folks. Can anyone suggest a good metal detector that will find gold along with jewelry and coins ETC. I am new to this hobby, and just registered. Im 40 now, love the outdoors, history, and seem to have a really good eye for finding stuff here in Idaho, but when I was 8 years old my parents bought me a Sears cheaply metal detector that would barely find a nail. Any suggestions would be great. Kind Regards, Marvin, in Idaho.

Hi Marvin! Tesoro, Garrett, Whites - You're in trouble dude! Welcome :hello: Check out the Tesoro Compadre - Made in America by Americans and a LIFETIME warranty! Good Luck!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marvin,

Buy yourself either the Tesoro Compadre or the Tesoro Silver uMax. Check out their reviews and you'll see why.

Also, buy yourself a Garrett Propointer. You'll spend less than $400 for everything.

Then go have a ball. With that setup, you will have a great time.

OP
OP
Marvin Lee

Marvin Lee

Jun 6, 2011
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Thanks so much. I am happy to say after doing and reading some reviews, I chose the Tesoro Compadre. Simple in design, yet effective. This should help feed that compulsive disorder to find buried treasure, along with watching a 10 year old nephew of mine here in Idaho, really come alive! SWEEEEEEET!

OP
OP
Marvin Lee

Marvin Lee

Jun 6, 2011
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Just thought I would let you guys know, The Tesero Compadre was put on back order. Due to the lack of patience on my part, I decided to go ahead and take advantage of this opportunity and Upgrade to the Tesero U-Max, and even better as suggested get a Garret Pro-pointer! I am a :hello2: photographer and love landscapes old cars and old structures, but I always find my self digging up the past! Love it! and cant wait to get started. Thanks to everyone for their advice. Stay tuned. Marvin, In Idaho

Attachments

• 51nash.jpg
    51nash.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 212
OP
OP
Marvin Lee

Marvin Lee

Jun 6, 2011
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Thank you sir. The Tesoro U-Max is on it's way along with the Garret Propointer; better get some headphones. The nice part about being a landscape photographer who love old structures, and it's history is I all ready have craploads of places in my mind to target. Time to check my tracking status of the Tesoro. Peace. Marvin.

Attachments

• DSCN3041 POSTCard.JPG
    DSCN3041 POSTCard.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 178

reeceaian

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2011
This is the MD I chose as my first machine. I've been hunting regularly with my 8 year old son for about 3 months now and am having a blast. We've found about $50 worth of change and are saving up for something we can do together at the end of the summer. Up here in Canada we have $1 and $2 coins which make the adding up of your clad much quicker. I find the more you use this machine, the better your finds...you get used to the sounds and what's junk and what's not. Have fun with your Silver U!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made a good choice . :icon_thumright: The Umax has been responsible for a lot of nice finds on Tnet.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread