Metal detector? Is this a good deal?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would recommend you buy one from here, better change of getting one that is in good working condition..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to give us more information, what is your budget, what type of hunting are you going to do, where are you located? Asking what kind of detector is best with no info is like asking what kind gun should you buy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Well, any budget, but if it's like 1000 dollars, please give me a couple. Uhh, any terrain, mostly dirt and woods, fields, on vacation I'd go on beaches. Thanks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You know you are not buying a metal detector here............. You are just buying a mount to hold a pinpointer.........So i would say that $8.90 is a good price for a pinpointer holder mount..

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Oh ok, do you have any recommendations on good metal detectors to buy?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you asking about metal detectors ... Or what you are showing there is just a holder for a pinpointer ????????????????

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHere to get a Metal Detector

Good starter units are the Garrett ACE 350, Garrett AT Pro or AT Gold, Tesoro Compadre or Silver uMax, White's M6 or MXT Pro...Any of these would be a good detector to start with...It takes time and learning your machine before you really start to find the good stuff though...Do NOT expect to find gold and silver every time you go out. Go out with zero expectations, and you will seldom be dissapointed.
Look at the very top of this page and you will see listings from the forum Sponsors...These are the best places to buy, as they are all trusted sellers who support these forums.

HH,

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
WOW! Thanks, do you know good places to search? Like do you think public places or what?

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try contacting mike from woodland detectors he is great and will spend the time with you making sure you get the right machine
as for places to hunt that would depend on what you want to find
i hunt farm fields so i dont find much in the lines of gold but i do have silver coins going back to 1782,
copper/bronze coins back to the early 1600's, and buttons that are even older

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks, what we have here might be another Overkill, Overkill person here. I smell a Overkill....:cat:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Sandman said:
Ok folks, what we have here might be another Overkill, Overkill person here. I smell a Overkill....:cat:

Your a very wise person sandman. Very wise indeed.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman ...Yes i smelled something also...... I thought it was someone just playing games with us......I read all his posts and it seems like he wants to do is try to make a fool's out of us.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread