Im wondering...

OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Ok, I realise the comments are gonna have me tell you specifics... So, I'd be hunting anything, coins, just cool stuff. I know vlf's dont really detect gold? But it has to snese it right?in dirt,

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Is a brand new bounty hunter VLF 2.1 with a bag worth 75 bucks?(I'm new to this)

Best beep you can get for $75. Unlike most cheepie beeps with trademarks you never heard of designed by a guy who two years ago didn't even know what a metal detector was, the BH-VLF is a major revision (by me) of the very popular BH TK4 which is discussed a lot on the BH forum. The TK4 was (I'm told) originally designed by the legendary George Payne, if anyone has information to the contrary please let me know.

The BH-VLF is designed primarily for coinshooting, and does a pretty good job under most conditions on coin-sized objects up to about 5-7 inches depth, often beating far more expensive machines in that depth range. Being a continuous-time 2nd derivative discriminator, the skills and knowledge you'll acquire mastering it are directly transferable to most professional level machines.

If you decide "dirt fishing" isn't for you, you're only out $75 and can garage sale it or give it as a gift. If you decide you like metal detecting and get a professional level machine, the BH-VLF is a good enough machine that you'll probably keep it for backup and as a loaner just like so many TK4 owners have done.

--Dave J.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You opened a second account, tell us which one your going to use as one of them will be deleted... Against rules to have multiple accounts.

OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Ok treasure hunter, could you please delete this one, but after the answer to this question please?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it is deleted your posts under that name will go get deleted with it..

OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Yes but after the guy replies, then could you delete it? Not right now?

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best beep you can get for $75. Unlike most cheepie beeps with trademarks you never heard of designed by a guy who two years ago didn't even know what a metal detector was, the BH-VLF is a major revision (by me)
--Dave J.

aroppoi, I don't really know why a follow up question was needed, woof said it all as far as the topic question. You asked a valid question received a well laid out and valid answer from one of the engineers behind the very machine in question no less.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is that this kid is one of those users that rather asks if it is daytime instead of looking out the window.... I wrote it on another post.... read read read, and if you don't want to read or need 10 confirmations on one single question, I would advise you to keep it easy, don't get into metal detecting since you will most likely drop it in just a few weeks because you won't find anything and you won't know why or what you are doing wrong, again because you don't do your own homework.

I will tell you this, when I get into a hobby I try to gather as much information as possible to understand what I am getting into. I buy books if there are, I read as much as I can, and I watch videos on the subject.

If you had done all this you would know that your questions can be answered by just reading. Actually in the forums I usually don't start threads to ask questions, I first search for an answer myself and if I can't find one all over the net, than I start a thread asking the question.

I don't know how old are you, I think you must be very young, and if you are, you need to learn. And asking quesitons is fine, every kid does it, but if you are old enough to post in a forum and work on a computer than you are old enough to seek for knowledge by yourself.

Now the BH is a decent machine, it's a starters MD, maybe a bit on the basic side, but it works. If your bugget is of $100 to start detecting than there aren't many other options out there, if you had twice that ammount many more doors would open and better detectors would make it possible for you to get into this hobby with a better setup, that would eventually find your more good stuff.

OP
OP
A

aroppoi

Jul 31, 2012
Treasure_Hunter said:
You opened a second account, tell us which one your going to use as one of them will be deleted... Against rules to have multiple accounts.

Ok, delete it now please

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread