Metal Detector looking for a home.

Rockman

Apr 14, 2009
Hi, I discovered your forum the other day and decided to post some things that I got from a deceased friend. I have no use for them and I was wondering if anyone in the Chicagoland area would want these metal detecting instruments. I say the Chicagoland area because if someone wants them I'll meet them halfway ( I live in Hickory Hills ) instead of mailing them. The Fisher M.D. works like a charm, but the other 2 discs I don't have the slightest idea. The Fisher is a underwater machine. A friend told me they may be worth a few bucks, but I'm not trying to make a fortune so maybe some one can make an offer if they're interested. Some pictures are added below. Thank You.. Fred

Attachments

• lunkies 013.jpg
    lunkies 013.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 282
  • lunkies 015.jpg
    lunkies 015.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 254
  • lunkies 016.jpg
    lunkies 016.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 255

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Hey Rockman. Sorry to here about your friend. I have no interest in the equipment but I hope you find a good home for them.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I might be interested in the two separate coils. They don't go to that detector. How much are you asking for them?? Thanks, and sorry for your friend.

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Looks like you have the Fisher 1280-X there. Doesn't look too terribily used. I'll see if my buddy is interested.

OP
OP
R

Rockman

Apr 14, 2009
Hi, in answer to all the queries I've received here are some answers. I haven't got the slightest idea what they're worth. A friend told me a $ 100.00 bucks for all is a fair price, but I don't know of he's right or wrong,it was just a passing remark. I don't know what kind of batteries it takes, because I was afraid to open it up and screw up the machine. I am a lifetime rockhound and if someone has a couple of pounds of Turquoise to trade for it or some opals I'd actually be happier. I hope this answers some questions for everyone that has asked. Thank You......Fred

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Rockman, I sent you a message.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions