Metal detector modification

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Recently I hunted a plantation and were given specific orders not to hunt the main lawn. Well my friend and I were walking to the main house after an hour or so of hunting. I saw a guy I thought was metal detecting the lawn. I was going to go tell him we could not hunt there! Turned out to be a guy with a weed whacker trimming weeds by an oak tree. My friend got a good laugh and said he needs to invent a metal detector with weed whacker disguise.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is funny. I've done the same thing before. I was thinking, Dang! look at that guy swingin that coil like that! And then I got closer and just laughed...My wife still rubs my nose in that one!

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hi, folks! Just thought I'd share this funny story with you, it does pertain. I was detecting next door to a lady who had turned me down earlier, and wow, she was a sour puss! Nothing suited her about what I was doing, even though it didn't concern her a bit. She even told the kind gentleman whose yard I was in that she would run me off! Well, he told her I was being very considerate, and careful with his lawn, so I was welcome to return. Not to be outdone, she very rudely told me, (loud enough for the man to hear), "The only way you'll ever gain anything with THAT contraption is if you put a weedeater on it!" LOL!! Regards, Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread