What is your budget?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Those are generally considered the low budget starter/beginner type detectors. But heck, it depends on what type site, and what you're looking for. Obviously if your site is brimming with shallow easy pickens, and low or no competition, then you don't need super depth or bells-&-whistles. So it all depends on what you're going to hunt, and how much you want to spend.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Do alot of research. If your from Arizona I would think i would like one that is a pretty good gold machine aswell as a coin or relic machine. Pehaps a Tesoro Lobo.

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get what you pay for! If you buy a Bounty Hunter then your going to be unhappy not finding the older items. This detector is
for playgrounds and getting started. You may get about 2-3" depht with it. I bought a Bounty Hunter 12 years ago for my Son
& I to use. After a few months he lost intrest and I bought a Garrett GTA 1000. Today I use the Fisher CZ-3d which will finds coins at
8-10" But your going to pay over $700.00 for this maching. So in short, If you want just poke around a Bounty Hunter is find. But If you want to find the good finds. you need to spend a little more. Look into the Garrett Ace 150 or the 250. They are great starter Detectors.

Rich

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
jrl7575 said:
I posted on craigslist that I was in need of a quality detector. I got an offer for a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 Metal Detector Tracker IV for $60. Is this a fair deal?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jay

Yep, that is a fair deal for those low end machines. You said you wanted a quality detector. Those are NOT quality detectors. If you have a tight budget they are fair good coin shooters but not deep. Good luck. And welcome to TNet.

OP
OP
jrl7575

jrl7575

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
Rogers, AR
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo 2000
Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated ;D. I bought the detector for $60, and will get one that was suggested in the post, gonna read up on a few. This recent purchase sounds like it will be excellent for my 9 year old though.

Jay

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BUY a new Ace 250 ,,, 212.00 Biggest bang for the buck,,and its within your budget .. guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions