Metal detector

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
I am considering building a different type of metal detector. Seeing that a diver usually hand fans to remove the overburden, I think that a detector coil built into a large glove, with the electronics velcro-taped to the upper arm, should work very well.
Due to the small coils size, the depth would be less, but in compensation, it would be sensitive to very small gold.

This detector could also be worn inside a shoe, detecting as you walk.

Would such a detector find a market?

Treasurediver

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Being an Inventor myself this brought some ideas to mind.
What if you were to add a fan like a mirco Mail Box above the coil and let it blow away the sand in small areas.
Peg Leg

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurediver said:
I am considering building a different type of metal detector. Seeing that a diver usually hand fans to remove the overburden, I think that a detector coil built into a large glove, with the electronics velcro-taped to the upper arm, should work very well.
Due to the small coils size, the depth would be less, but in compensation, it would be sensitive to very small gold.

This detector could also be worn inside a shoe, detecting as you walk.

Would such a detector find a market?

Treasurediver

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/aurora/aurora.htm

OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Thanks for the good information. It seems to be that there is not much interest or need for a small detector to look for stuff buried less than 2 feet deep.
Every now and then somebody is looking for a detector to search as deep as 10 or 20 feet. The strange thing about that is that they do not want to pay a couple of thousand dollars for such a machine, but they want to spend many thousands of dollars digging 20 feet deep holes. Did any of you ever dig one 20 feet deep hole? Give it a try and tell me how much it cost. Each hole!
Treasurediver

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Treasurediver,
The only 20' hole I ever dug was with a dragline and a backhoe. It cost me over $5,000.
Most likely I am THE ONE looking for a MD that goes 20'. If I ever find one that works there is the expense of getting the object to the surface. This will cost a small fortune.
$2,000 for a device that will go 20' deep is very very cheap. BUT the question is HOW TO PROVE IT.
I have seen many different devices that the builder said would work but when I ask to provide proff this is when PLAY TIME ENDS.
pEG lEG

OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
I think it was Teddy Tucker in Bermuda who used a ping pong paddle to fan up a lot of treasure. I have done a good bit of metal detecting underwater and for myself I know that having a detector coil in my fanning glove would have multiplied my efficiency by 300%. But then I guess that there are things that only experience can teach.
Treasurediver

OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Peg Leg said:
Treasurediver,
The only 20' hole I ever dug was with a dragline and a backhoe. It cost me over $5,000.
Most likely I am THE ONE looking for a MD that goes 20'. If I ever find one that works there is the expense of getting the object to the surface. This will cost a small fortune.
$2,000 for a device that will go 20' deep is very very cheap. BUT the question is HOW TO PROVE IT.
I have seen many different devices that the builder said would work but when I ask to provide proff this is when PLAY TIME ENDS.
pEG lEG
The most important part for digging a 20 ft hole to find treasure is faith, and of course cash, as you well mention. It does need some special detector to go 20 ft deep and it also needs a target that is of considerable size. No hope to find a handfull of coins that deep.
In the salvage as well as the treasure business it is common practis to work under the rule "no cure no pay", but then the reward has to be accordingly.
Treasurediver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread