Metal detectorist get bad reputation because of the few slobs

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s bad when a few slobs can ruin any particular thing, such as ours, drone flying etc, nothing new. Well if you can dig a hole, forget that dig a flap and flip back over when done, not some dam trench exposed sad. Ask for permission it will be a simple tes or no, don’t take it upon yourself well it’s ok dumb, show interest with property owners that it’s possible that you can return lost items and relics they had no clue of on there land, educate them and they might just say thankyou instead of shooting at you. Believe me this hobby has different ranges, u either just go in open fields and take what u find or do reasearch with seems endless because even the internet isn’t going to show u real old foundations that where not available, and this here can be very rewarding in the finds such as relics etc. you do this long enough u will be in awe about the years of very long ago, believe me high school and college don’t teach. So in end you must ask many questions, do map reading and simply go get your hands dirty, that’s why they call it digging, food for thought

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread