Perennial problem. Small coil helps, but there's only so much you can
do near large metal objects of any kind

Dave
Zommbee

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

Thanks figured as much! And they used to not have a fence in front of the swimming pool :P

Sonja Marie

J

Jim Cal

I use a small coil and hunt parallel to the fence as close as I can get without the detector responding to the fence but the others are right....you can only get so close. Lucky we've got lots of areas with no fences. Same deal with metal picnic table legs, bleachers, etc. Good luck! Jim Cal

D

Darod

You'll find that on playgrounds you will run into the same problems. The poles supporting the larger equipment, swings, etc. are normally metal of some sort. It stinks, but you do what you can do :)

Rod

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is obviosly a problem for everyone, but when I had a tesoro it would give me feedback near
the poles / fence but if a coin was there then it also gave a clipped beep over the coin.
I got many coins left by others and now using a DFX I don't get these coins...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Try lowering the sens. and increase disc. till interference stops, should allow to get pretty close. Just walk slow and move coil pretty much in straight line till get to end of fence. Just remember to change back settings as fence interference clears up. You might not PU rings for 8-16" from fence but should still hit on coins. HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When fully experienced with your detector, you should be able to tell the difference in the false signals of the metal fences, poles, etc. and pick out the coins, etc. by knowing the difference in the tones & signals. As another said, small coil and search parallel to the objects keeping a distance of whatever is allowed by your machine with out falsing. Somewhere around 2 to 3 inches away should do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions