Meteorite Hunting is fun

Nov 25, 2008
Hey Guys,

I just found this forum, so I will try to add comments when I think I can help.

I have been hunting for and finding meteorites for the last 16 years on a full time basis. I also have been buying, selling, trading and brokering them over that time as well.

I will be getting a more comprehensive website up soon, and when I do, I will let you all know so you can check it out and give me your input.

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to ask me.

Steve Arnold

Attachments

• steve_meteorite_.jpg
    steve_meteorite_.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 760

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve! Longtime no see! Steve you and I are the only two here that are on the meteorite list or know about IMCA. But I think that you should let every one know that there are two Steve Arnold's who are meteorite dealers! Has IMCA got a new treasurer yet? I voted for her two years ago, big mistake! I was late with my dues because of a CPU crash, and she wanted me to rejoin and you know how many hoops that takes. So I am now not an IMCA member. Have to talk to Mark Bostick. Nice rock on the back of your truck! Welcome to treasure net! Jim B

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Steve, I know one question that gets bouced around on here an awful lot. "Is this a meteorite?" Then a picture of something that looks like it COULD be. I'm guessing its much like grading diamonds from a pic on the net and there probably isn't an easy answer, but exactly what telltale signs are you looking for with these stones? Also, is there a decent field test kit available for the different types?

Patrick Jane

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve

What was the "secert" you found that helped you to recover the $1 million dollar meteorite?

Best

Patrick Jane

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patric, I can answer that one for Steve. There is no secret! Everyone knew where the strewn field was but only Steve acted on it. He actually went searching for the big one. However he did invent and design his own detecting equipment. You might say it was a very large detector coil.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
SteveArnold,
welcome.

Sounds like a lot of knowledge on
your side.

Hope you will be able to help some folks
with their posts.

Again, welcome.

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too....

Steve's find was the inspiration for me to build my own large coil PI detector.

All I have is a large pile of (s)crap to show for it.

Still lookin

miramar95

Greenie
Dec 6, 2008
Akron OH
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Steve,
I was looking at some maps and think I found a crater. The area is mostly all farm land now and the telltale surface signs are almost all gone. The map shows a bullseye and the center is Ordovician rock, while the surrounding rock is much younger. That, and the anomaly is bigger than the nearest town. Take a look at the southeast side of Kentland IN., and look at the USGS bedrock maps for the state. HH.
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread