Meteorite Raffle for Townspeople of Greenburg, Kansas

Goldfinger1

Greenie
Feb 24, 2006
Hi Everyone:

As you know Greensburg got hit by a tornado which wiped out 95% of the town. A few meteorite enthusiasts have got together and are having a raffle with all the proceeds going to the townspeople. Here's the link:

http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

This is a chance to win some nice meteorites as well as donating to a worthy cause.

Thanks

Steve

RockGirlsRock

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2007
Hello Everyone,

Most of you know that because of a conflict with the Haviland Meteorite Festival committee, the drawing was not held as scheduled on July 7. Not to worry though, we have the alternative venue and all of the details worked out and the fundraiser is even better than before. We have more time to sell tickets so we will raise more money for Greensburg and more prizes have been donated so the prize pool is growing as well!

With a lot of help from our gracious hosts, the COMETS (Colorado Meteorite Society), we will hold the drawing during the Denver Gem & Mineral show at their yearly dinner party at 7:00 pm on September 15, 2007 at La Loma Mexican restaurant.

The COMETS will supply some appetizers but you are responsible for your own food and drinks. Come and meet everybody. As soon as everybody has had time to eat dinner and say hello, we will do the Greensburg Raffle.

I will be there during the whole show so if you want to buy more tickets, they'll be available until the very last minute. If you Paypal me at any time on the 15th, please call me. I'll be happy to make sure your tickets get into the drawing.

Those of you who cannot make it to Denver need not worry. If you can't hear us shout your name when we draw your winning ticket, you'll be hearing from us afterwards via email or telephone.

Haven't checked out the prizes lately? Go to http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

We all send our good wishes to the people of Greensburg and thanks to your generous donations, have already presented one check to them. We look forward to giving them another one after the drawing!

Questions, directions, more tickets? Please don't hesitate to email me. Also, during the show I can be reached at (734)645-6037.

Thanks again for your kindness and support.
Maria

RockGirlsRock

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2007
Hello Forumees,

The countdown is on!

Only three days and a few hours before the Greensburg Fundraiser Raffle drawing. Tickets can still be had via Paypal, snail-mail (letters have to reach my house on or before Saturday the 15th), or in Denver until the last minute. You'll be able to recognize a ticket seller roaming Denver because we'll be wearing "IMPACT GREENSBURG" buttons. You can check out some of the prizes up close and personal in Blaine Reed's room at the Holiday Inn - Denver Central, Room 224.

Additional details can be found on the website - http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-fundraiser.htm

Thank you for your support and good luck!

Maria

RockGirlsRock

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2007
Hi Forum,

First of all, on behalf of the whole fundraiser committee, I'd like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who donated to Greensburg by buying tickets. We raised $12,535 for the people of Greensburg and last Saturday gave away 74 prizes in Denver!

The money will be given to Haviland State Bank, who has been on the ground down there since the tornado hit. The money is earmarked for the people. While it hasn't been decided what they will do with the money for the people of Greensburg, the bank has demonstrated the spirit that they are taking care of their own -- Greensburg -- just like we did with the fundraiser. Who'd have thought that these little space rocks had the power to bring together people from around the world to support a little community in Kansas. Very cool.

Thanks again,
Maria

Your prize may be on its way to you. Look here to see if you won: http://www.aerolite.org/events/greensburg-winners.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread