long hai beach 085.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 288
Upvote 1

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the side you thought was melted? If not, can I see the melted side? Is it attracted to a magnet?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be volcanic rock? Looks kind of porous from the picture.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a melted conglomerate from the cone of a Volcano! Is there a Volcano within a reasonable distance that has erupted within the last 10 to 20 years as I believe that it could have come from it's eruption but I could be wrong.

Frank

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a space Turd, I think I see a peanut.

OP
OP
Mekong Mike

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it and then left it, no magnet test. It looks reddish in color. Could be volcanic but i don't know of any volcanos in vietnam.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I would suspect it to be an old corroded - encrusted exploding mine, maybe the kind that got anchored to float just below the surface. Probably inert by now but I wouldn't play around with it just in case. Nuggy

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I found it and then left it, no magnet test. It looks reddish in color. Could be volcanic but i don't know of any volcanos in vietnam.

They don't have to be in Vietnam to end up on the shore! Volcanic material can sometimes be launched hundreds of miles from the volcanoe that erupted. It depends upon what the material is made of and how strong the eruption was. These can also be moved around and washed ashore by strong ocean currents, storms, Tsunamis and Typhoons.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread