Method of coin return w/ bank wrapped rolls

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does everyone return their coins once you guys have gone through them? I noticed from reading on here that some of your banks have coin counters. Are they Bank of Americas? I got a box of the bank wrapped halves, and those rolls are hard to reuse after unwrapping. I kind of cobbled them back together with scotch tape, so I'm not sure if the bank will take them or not. I'm guessing I should probably go buy the cardboard paper wraps before trying to take these back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few of my local banks and credit unions use coin machines... just dump, get a receipt and take it to the teller for cash or deposit.
You could also buy wrappers from office stores or ebay and rewrap your coins, you can also get wrappers from your bank.

The latter might be an alternative to reusing the original wrapper with scotch tape.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I kind of cobbled them back together with scotch tape, so I'm not sure if the bank will take them or not...

They will, unfortunately, but don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

I'm guessing I should probably go buy the cardboard paper wraps before trying to take these back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YES! DO THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably in the minority here, but I couldn't care less how other CRHers re-roll their dumps. Its going to be a solid roll of clad regardless of what type of wrapper its in.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm probably in the minority here, but I couldn't care less how other CRHers re-roll their dumps. Its going to be a solid roll of clad regardless of what type of wrapper its in.

You're actually probably in the majority and I'm in the minority. And it's not always all clad. I found a 40%er mixed in with a CHRer's dumps. That was satisfying to pull it out of that roll that said "PROOF and '64s" which was a real obvious sign that there was neither in there... Lol.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You're actually probably in the majority and I'm in the minority. And it's not always all clad. I found a 40%er mixed in with a CHRer's dumps. That was satisfying to pull it out of that roll that said "PROOF and '64s" which was a real obvious sign that there was neither in there... Lol.

DiverDown just proved the check others dumps theory. 400+ 40%'s that were someones dumps, lol, Maverick.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
I re-roll & get all my wrappers from our favorite tellers for free. Occasionally we'll dump dimes, nickels, or pennies in a free penny arcade

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
For MWR halves I just cut with a razor blade down the side, check, and reseal with tape. I sometimes will have them bagged instead of rerolling but avoid this because I have to wait about a week for it to credit to my account.

I haven't seen any Bank of Americas with coin counters in the branch, although they are the ones that will bag them and send for counting. If I have anything other than halves I use the counters at Capital One (about half I have found have counters in the branch).

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
For MWR halves I just cut with a razor blade down the side, check, and reseal with tape. I sometimes will have them bagged instead of rerolling but avoid this because I have to wait about a week for it to credit to my account.
This is what I do, but I don't bother with tape. I take them back in the orig box, get cash immediately, and the tellers then unwrap each roll to be sent out in $500 bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread