Methodically have been hitting some old Union campsites and scored a nice button!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coat Staff Rhode Island button found!

Between geting my yard ready for spring, which has been more work than I thought, I have been trying to get in a few quick hunts in some of my old Yankee camps. I posted this earlier on my Facebook page. The best of my latest hunt was a coat Rhode Island Staff button. Any time I can dig a staff button other than New York I am estatic! After a quick dip in ammonia the button proved to still have a lot of its original gold gilt left. There is some green crud that is stuck to the button like cement but I think I'm going to leave it this way.......as I don't want to remove any of the remaining gilt. I really like these days where it has only gotten to the upper 60's. Great to relic hunt in and work in the yard! HH Devonrex

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 3

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't see those too often. Nice score! You're right about the weather this weekend here in VA....beautiful!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds and button!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60's, no snow, no rain, no Tornadoes, no problems with detecting - Yes great formula for detecting especially with the yard work completed or at least almost done. Lovely button...............63bkpke

OP
OP
Devonrex

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the nice responses! Its been a while since I found a Rhode Island button! Buttons are by far my favorite relic to dig! Devonrex

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread