Mexican tales and stories

OP
OP
E

eerivestcc

Greenie
Sep 21, 2006
Hey chief, I don't really understand your message. I'm still new at this, I don't know any of the acronyms and abbreviations. Please be more specific to where I can understand you. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm a newbee.

eerivestcc

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth, here's one for you that was found. South of Juarez and just a little North of Via Amada (hope I spelled that right) there is a beautiful Hacienda and Shrine sitting next to a natural spring in the desert. It sits about 1/4 mile East of the old highway.

A friend of mine told me the story of this spring in the early 80's (he had been there in the mid 70's) and showed me pictures of it that he had taken at the time he and a partner of his had been in the area. He even had an 8mm film he also showed me, you could actually see coins occasionally bubble up in the spring head, settle back down and pop up again. My friend swore that they were small gold coins.

At the time he was there they were heading back to the border in a hurry and had decided to stop off of the highway for a break where they would not be seen. They were having some problems with the Mexican authorities and were worried about getting back into the US (something to do with a quantity of fire opals). At any rate, they did make it back but not before being stopped, thoroughly searched, and being told that it would not be a good idea for them to return to Mexico as their safety could not be guaranteed. This scared my friend and he never returned. No matter how hard I tried to convince him that it would be just a quick in and out thing, he refused to go back. He said that he was sure he could find the spring again but couldn't really tell me where it was.

A lot of years went by and finally, he decided he would take me there if I showed him I had a workable plan for recovering the coins and getting them back across the border with a minimum of risk (and none to him....lol). I could live with that so I put together a team (we aren't going to go into all of the details here), worked out a plan and off we went.

A long story short. We crossed the border and headed south (wow, the Mexican Frontier now had fences on it, the old highway had been replaced with a new one, many things had changed). Despite this we found the spring about 11:00am.

Unfortunately, the Hacienda was there now, all by itself in the Mexican desert and the Shrine thanking the Virgin for the miracle she sent the finder. What a shame, the house was only a couple of years old then.

Anyway, the spring was no doubt a stop for any number of early travelers and almost certainly one for Pancho Villa. Juarez was the entry point for most of his guns from the US and he was known to frequent the area. Could this have been one of his loot drops. He was known for doing just such things and it was more then possible that saddle bags of coins were tossed into the spring to hide them. Of course I'm sure that it could have been any number of other Bandits that had dropped them into the spring also.

This spring had obviously been used for some time and as a way station for numerous travelers. There were pit type depressions around 3 sides of it and my friend says there were all types of things laying around, from an old saddle to several tortilla presses. There were also pottery shards scattered throughout the area.

That's the story. I've often wondered how many more little springs are sitting in lonely canyons and the vast expanse of desert that hold yet more coins and treasures in their depths.
Deepsix

OP
OP
E

eerivestcc

Greenie
Sep 21, 2006
Deepsix,
That is a really good and credible story. I like you, can bet there are many treasures burried in that land where Pancho Villa and many other bandits traveled.

eerivestcc

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
Sheehs, a simple yes or no will finnish the story.

Tropical Tramp

LMAO....is there a problem TT??
Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread