Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We returned this past Wednesday from a lengthy vacation that span over a month, the kids enjoyed the outdoors and my wife got to spend some quality time with her family, I also got to see my brother. The finds are much less than last year, but i did find some very nice relics as well as some nice copper coins. Ill started off with the buttons, these from the first picture came from two of the homesites that i hunted last year. The very last one is an early pewter button, and the middle three in the very last row have beautiful designs.
IMG_E0970.jpg
This next bunch came from a new home site I found thanks to a local friend, the house is long gone, but i have no doubt that it once stood in that location.
IMG_E0972.jpg
I really like all old buttons in general, but this one with the clam shell design is by far my favorite civilian button ever dug.
IMG_1020.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg
I was lucky enough to have found two more military buttons, a coat and a smaller cuff button, these also came from this new homesite.
Both date in the early 1800s ( 1830s-1850s).
IMG_E0975.jpg
Ill move onto the religious finds, these came mainly in the form of medals and crosses. I can tell some are more modern, but some are easily late 19th century.
IMG_E0976.jpg
Saving the best religious prices for last, these are no doubt colonial Mexican religious pieces. The big medal is a true bucket lister for me. I always see people digging these up in Mexico. Whats special about this one is that is from a local saint, well virgin in this case. Its from Nuestra Señora de San Juan de los Lagos. This is Mexicos second most visited shrine of all time, its just a 30 minute drive from my hometown.
IMG_0978.jpg
Coins are next, this first picture is composed state coins, these come in 1/4 real and 1/8 real. The first two are also bucket listers, both are from San Luis Potosi, but different designs, got to love the patina on the top coin on the right its an 1860 San Luis 1/4 real as mentioned before. The bottom three are 1/8 real. The first two are 1/4s that were cut into 1/8s, also bucket listers, the smaller Zacatecas piece is an unaltered 1/8 real from 1832.
IMG_0993.jpg
This next picture is composed of three period counterfeits, The whole coin is a 1862 one real, this was dug from a wall. The middle coin is a cut 8 reales from 1883, and the last one is a also cut 1 real with no date. All three were supposed to be silver, but ill take them anyway they come.
IMG_0998.jpg
Dug two of my favorite Mexican coins to find, Hacienda Tokens. The rectangular piece CA, is monogram for Cabañas de Obregon, a small town in Jalisco, the smaller piece reads Gutierrez, both are locals from my home state. Also both date from the early 19th century.
IMG_0996.jpg
Only silver coin from this trip is this 1803 Charles the IIII half real.
IMG_1022.jpg
This next three coins are not very old, all are from the first haft go the 20th century a 1906 Deuce and 1933 and 1948 1 Centavo.
IMG_0994.jpg
Up next are a bunch of coins from the 1950s up to modern times, nothing special, except the 10 Centavos coin in the middle in the last line, which is another bucket lister. The very last coin is a small replica of those China coins from the late 1700s.
IMG_E1001.jpg
Surface finds, mostly 50 Centavos coins.
IMG_1006.jpg
Jewelry finds were not abundant either this time, did pulled a few rings and other old keepers.
IMG_E0986.jpg
Only Silver jewelry is this earring? Not sure what it is? Button maybe ? but one thing i do know its that is silver.
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1027.jpg
Modern jewelry is this ring, that is actually marked 14K but its obviously a fake and this non precious anchor.
IMG_E0988.jpg
Some more jewelry such as pins and some relics. Love the lions head it has two bent hooks in the back so it must had attached to leather. Not sure if thats an open work button or not?
IMG_E0981.jpg
Other relics are these old coscojos, some really nice bronze pieces and some iron as well.
IMG_E0984.jpg
Lead showed up mainly in the form of round balls, I know the bullets at the bottom are not really old, and also found a percussion cap.
IMG_E1003.jpg
Iron relics include this small skeleton key, an iron ring, and some other unknowns.
IMG_E1009.jpg
Another Iron relic and also one of my favorite pieces found in this trip is this long jute sack threading needle. This relic also came from an old wall, so very little environmental damage.
IMG_E1016.jpg
IMG_E1017.jpg
IMG_E1018.jpg
Other relics include a more modern key, the usual harmonica reed, a buckle fragment, old washer, and a piece that some say is part of pocket knife others think its an internal gun/rifle part, not sure.
IMG_E1012.jpg
Non metal finds were a modern marble and nice old clay type, also found two porcelain buttons in one of the old fields.
IMG_E1024.jpg
Would like to end this post with this very nice buckle, unsure of type, but do think is a nice oldie. Some suggested sword buckle, but again unsure.
IMG_E1015.jpg
I would like to apologize for this lengthy post, while I did have internet access in Mexico, i choose to either get out and hunt or spend time with family. Hope to soon go back. GL n HH to all.

Upvote 53

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Great pictures. Great finds. Congrats

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What an amazing group of finds! I generally have a preference for relics, but the coins (including the counterfeits) are just awesome! Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow, great hunt with some awesome finds Congrats:occasion14:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness! That’s a ton of great finds.

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all great finds, good job & congrats

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome finds.Congrats :occasion14:

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety of finds. You did really well for the month you were in Mexico.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! What an amazing variety of finds. I was impressed with the buttons, and then proceeded down to the pictures of your coins. Looks like a great month spent with the family, and the detector.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive my friend. Glad you got out and got the goods. Well done and keep digging.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the series of fantastic hunts! :notworthy:

I love all of the old coins! :icon_thumleft:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your vacation was very good for you! Congrats on all the finds! Oh and nice real! :icon_thumleft:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great hunting 8R. I love the lengthy posts, photos, and detailed description. I'm shocked you didn't find a buffalo nickel though...

Welcome home! Looking forward to seeing your regular posts again.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What an amazing group of finds! I generally have a preference for relics, but the coins (including the counterfeits) are just awesome! Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

Thanx, I love to share my finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread